Top 10 Countries Celebrating Female Obesity

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

melinda333

panda
Lots of disagreeing comments...I wonder how much of it is true. Not being from US or Europe, I know how badly your country can be misportraited in the international media. I've seen a documentary about fattening brides, so I know some of it is indeed true. They don't want just fat T&A like some of the comments said.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
They torture little girls in Mauritania to get fat, not consenting women. There is a big difference

Iannathedriveress

Random Heroine
They torture little girls in Mauritania to get fat, not consenting women. There is a big difference
I remember watching something that in some african country(I don't remember which one) that they put little girls in rooms where their fed until they big enough to be accepted.

Jim Miller

I remember watching something that in some african country(I don't remember which one) that they put little girls in rooms where their fed until they big enough to be accepted.
Yeah, that is Mauritania.

The ugliest evils in the world are always perversions of the most beautiful good things. A society that employs slavery, torture, and all the abuses of sexism to force female children to become fat to boost their marriageability is a nearly perfect perversion of a liberal, egalitarian society where adolescents and adults who so desire become fat by their own will out of an ambition to live well.

Really disgusting.

ssbbw4m4

in some Asian countries, weight is a sign of prosperity and wealth. Where the regular people, out of financial necessity, eat more rice and vegetables and only the prosperous can eat more meat and snack between meals and eat more sweets and eat out in restaurants too.

However that is gradually changing due to the styles of the west.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
They do more than that. Some of them are sent to 'fat camps' where they're beaten with sticks if they vomit the food they're force-fed. Their own mothers encourage it to ensure a good marriage because the men will only marry a fat bride.

Iannathedriveress

Random Heroine
They do more than that. Some of them are sent to 'fat camps' where they're beaten with sticks if they vomit the food they're force-fed. Their own mothers encourage it to ensure a good marriage because the men will only marry a fat bride.
Wow, that sounds really harsh for the little girls

queencecilia

It seems like whatever society you live in, the most difficult body type to maintain is the one that's considered ideal.

Not be a downer, I definitely would like to visit most of these places.

Tau

IXAMXDECADENCE
I'm pretty sure most of these come with qualifiers of some kind. For instance in SA fat is only popular if its in your ass and boobs. Furthermore, the men who are into fat partners tend to be older, they are often poor, and often extremely traditional. Young dudes who dig fat chicks also tend to be lost in the rural areas. Fat amongst black people in this country is about class and age. If you are a young, fat women, with an education, moving in up and coming circles trust me when I tell you that NOBODY is interested in your fat ass lololololol! Except white, Afrikaans men and then we get into a whole mess of racial bull so no thanks.

superodalisque

I'm pretty sure most of these come with qualifiers of some kind. For instance in SA fat is only popular if its in your ass and boobs. Furthermore, the men who are into fat partners tend to be older, they are often poor, and often extremely traditional. Young dudes who dig fat chicks also tend to be lost in the rural areas. Fat amongst black people in this country is about class and age. If you are a young, fat women, with an education, moving in up and coming circles trust me when I tell you that NOBODY is interested in your fat ass lololololol! Except white, Afrikaans men and then we get into a whole mess of racial bull so no thanks.
move to the US!

JulianDW

While I like the thought of being in a country that celebrates fatness, I think its important to consider how damaging beauty ideals can be, as others have mentioned. Everyone's body is different, while some women will be able to gain a lot of weight, others might not be able to put on the weight thats deemed desirable in that culture. Just like how in this culture, some people find it easy/easier to lose weight, while some find it downright impossible. In the end, whether the beauty ideal is thin or fat, they'll be people who won't fit in and made to feel bad about it and undesirable.

southernfa

Go to admit I am in two minds about this one. I live in the biggest (no pun intended) Polynesian city in the world, Auckland. We have, in some cases, as many or more Islanders living here than there are in their homelands; Samoans, Tongans, Cooks, Niueans, you name it, they are here.

The article is very honest about two things;
1. In some of their cultures, size is attractive for various reasons and indeed they just plain enjoy food; big banquets are part of the culture.
2. Their diet and health has been wrecked by the supply of awful foods from the US, NZ and Australia; stuff we wouldn't eat, so we export it, like spam and lamb flaps (saturated fat on the bone).

Much as I love Island culture and can see that some of their people are very big and very attractive; I also have to acknowledge our hospitals are doing ground-breaking work on diabetes research and their average life-expectancy isn't so hot.

Latest posts