Trying to put on weight

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Poet

I got into a relationship with a slim 5’4” woman four years ago. She gradually has put on 40 lbs and is slightly obese and I love it.

She wants to lose the weight, she’s been saying that since she started gaining shortly after she met but has kept gaining. I support here decision.

I’m in the upper BMI for my height at 170lbs and 5’10”. She would feel my belly under my shirt or sometimes she feels my love handles from one side and will move her hand across my belly and feel my opposite love handle from my behind.

She has been cooking for me for the last few weeks and she told me to eat more which turns me and she turns me on.

Honestly I have a high metabolism and I’ve been in maintenance for most of my life. I find it hard to increase calories and stay consistent with it. We’ve been together for awhile and the relationship has been stable. I feel like there’s a part of her that wants me to catch up with her. She’s definitely a foodie and there’s a part of me that didn’t want to catch up to her because if things didn’t work out then I don’t want to have to lose a bunch of weight and try to find domine else.

That being said my plan is to have a goal of 180lbs and see how I feel from there. I’m looking for members to share similar stories were you both slim when you met and one person in the relationship put on weight and tried to encourage the other person?

peregrine

I gained weight solo, and some of it was kinda hard.

The best way I found to gain weight (I have a super fast metabolism) was to find one or two foods that I could consistently depend on. For a couple of months, I did GOMAD (gallon of milk a day), then I switched to drinking shakes (fruit, cream, oats, olive oil, and ice cream), then to eating out almost every day (wouldn't really recommend---there's more cost-effective ways of gaining weight), and even to drinking several cans of creamed corn every day.

Now days I try to limit my carbs a bit more since I wanna be able to do this more long term. My main go-to is a giant bag of cashews (about 3500 calories in the bag), so every time I finish off a bag, that correlates to about a pound of fat, provided that I'm keeping up with my base metabolism every day through other meals.

Try to find two or three fattening foods that you can depend on every day, and try to eat through that stuff as quickly as you can. Putting on weight is slow, especially if you have a fast metabolism. You need to play the long game---don't just have a day here and there where you gorge yourself. Consistency is key. This strategy has earned me about 55 lbs of mostly fat.

Honestly, you're not going to really notice 10 lbs. I'd say there's a noticeable difference after 15-20 pounds. I'd say go for it. With your metabolism, you can have that weight off in a couple of months if you don't like it.

At any rate, you probably don't look as fat as you feel until you get deeper into the 200 pound range. Most likely, people will comment about how healthy you look with more weight on your frame. That was my experience.

Poet

Putting on weight is slow, especially if you have a fast metabolism. You need to play the long game---don't just have a day here and there where you gorge yourself. Consistency is key.

All good advice. You reminded me of her asking me what I ate today and I wasn’t consistent.That’s a good point to play the long game.

Honestly, you're not going to really notice 10 lbs. I'd say there's a noticeable difference after 15-20 pounds. I'd say go for it. With your metabolism, you can have that weight off in a couple of months if you don't like it.

Thanks for sharing your experience. You have a good point I can stop and burn it off fairly quickly. My highest was 176 years ago. Usually I’m in between 155-166 with lowest being 132 and that felt really unhealthy. I’ll make a goal of 185, I’m sure that she’ll notice and she’ll probably like it.

extra_m13

mutual gaining can be fantastic, just enjoy everything there is and wonderful things will come. once, for a period of time I did it with a girlfriend and some other times it was... a silent truth, and we both enjoyed i think. we do have an advantage in that regard, we can encourage the lady eat a lot and we get to enjoy her getting fatter as they are usually shorter and with slower metabolism

Latest posts