• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Under the Crimson Skies - A piece of AH.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1300 Class

Pam Poovey's Stunt Double

F.A.Q
What is this? This is an AAR (After Action Report) of sorts from a game called Hearts of Iron 2. Any political idealogical or persons do not represent my personal view or that of the forum. If you get wound up over the mention of certain aspects of the second world war (I will not, I stress this not, be commenting on any racial views as perused by the Nazi government, terror bombing, or the mass slaughter of people), don't just post saying “sUx0r” or anything. As I said, I will not be writing on any controversial topics as previously mentioned. This is not a historical recount, and I am going to take some artistic licence in some of the characters (some will be fictional). I hope you can all enjoy this.

Perhaps a brief introduction is necessary at this stage of the affairs, to make clear certain aspects of this AAR to the readers, and it was gratefully provided by Professor Warren Gilmont of Harvard University (1945) [A fictional creation from which certain aspects of text are passed], which can be read later in this paragraph. There are a number of references to the game 'Crimson Skies', and some events have been used to start this AAR. There are a number of conditions that this AAR will be written under, and that I will abide to at all times. This AAR, 'Under the Crimson Skies' will be written from both a subjective standpoint, through various characters and events, but also objective with the use of a more abstracted narrative. This AAR will attempt to written with the foremost attempt at maintaining a facade of reality and realism, and only when absolutely unavoidable will this AAR use 'gamey' language and terms, and is to be written through the medium of a historical recount or current monologue of events and happening in the game world. On looking towards characters, there is a certain amount of artistic license used in this AAR. Historical characters in the other major nations and events will maintain a relatively historical footing, and major events outside of North America shall remain on a relative historical path. For characters in North America, some will be and act historically, whilst others may be entirely fictional. As mentioned, this AAR does not go under the pretense of a 'gamey' after action report, and I shall maintain the greater realism of writing, through the course of the game and the results of the actions. Certain events and indeed some updates will not have happened, or would be impossible 'in game', but certainly form important decisions and actions in this AAR. This AAR may end in victory or defeat, but hopefully it will be enjoyable and a good read.
Originally posted here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179667&page=1

####
Under the Crimson Skies
p1178664.jpg

I.

When the notable Professor Warren Gilmont of Harvard University began his study of North America; of which he never finished by the time of his death in 1962, it was still looked upon as the most objective account of North America from the beginning of the 20th century up until his death. His work was never ending, always a new event, new account, a new facet of the era being uncovered. His unfinished work, which was entitled 'The Americas', gave a sweeping account of the events, people and actions that had swept the continent. It scaled from the large strategic and government decisions that affected millions through documents and specially accessed national archives, but also intimate personal details. From soldiers accounts of the campaigns and the various brush wars that flared up, to the civilian side of the era, the changing face of the public, the affect of Hollywood, no detail, no matter how minute was left uncovered. An extract from the beginning of the 'The Americas' sums up the state of affairs, and he would go on to examine the deep rooted causes for the events that would follow in the first 50 years of the 20th century.

As Professor Warren Gilmont would state as his preface, "There was no single warning sign that pointed to the breakup of the United States of America. The American Civil War in 1860 may have played a part, say some, while others blame the so-called Founding Fathers, who failed to predict the collapse of the nation. Regardless of the root cause, the result is the same: the United States of America, that great experiment in Democracy, crumbled in the late 1920s."

For the first seventeen years of the twentieth century, the United States of America remained isolated from the affairs of the world, and it was only during the Great World War that the United States involved herself in European affairs, much to the discontent of many citizens, who saw this as unnecessary adventure in a war that America had nothing to do with. The events that dragged the United States into war are already well documented, and need not be explained here, many other publications covering the events and decisions that were made. When she broke her isolation, she fought well, and though her peacetime army was smaller than Portugal's, her new determination surfaced and her citizenry fought bravely on the fields of Europe. By 1918, the central powers had been defeated, and America's brave boys were to return home, though after the battles of the Great War, not only the medals of conflict hung from their chests, but also the sickness of war was lodged firmly in their chests and hearts as well. The deadly influenza strain swept the world in an epidemic that some say almost paralleled the black death of the middle ages. As hundreds of thousands died in the post war epidemic, it brought strong feelings to bear in the United States. Many viewed this as a disease brought to America by involvement in a European Affair, and that the United States of America should never had ventured overseas.

As talk replaced the troubles of war, so did disease replace health of the citizenry of the world, and the united joy that had once been seen and experienced the world over, was replaced by cynicism and mistrust.

Latest posts

Back