Quantcast

unpopular opinions thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Saoirse

Yeah! I think in the dialect they spoke it was referred to as "selkie" (if I remember correctly).
yea its Celtic mythology. A seal that sheds its skin to walk on land as a human. A beautiful story. I havent seen that movie in years.

terpsichore

lol...catching up on this thread, re: religion. want to be unpopular? try explainjng to people that your beliefs are a self-selected mix of liberal christianity and paganism. :p no wonder i avoid questions about religion/beliefs irl. :p

ODFFA

lol...catching up on this thread, re: religion. want to be unpopular? try explainjng to people that your beliefs are a self-selected mix of liberal christianity and paganism. :p no wonder i avoid questions about religion/beliefs irl. :p
I think that's rather wonderful, personally :happy: But I absolutely get the dilemma of having to explain that to someone, especially face to face.

fat9276

I like the BeeGees, especially the older stuff. I am unrepentant about this!

Oh, me too! Their harmonies are just amazing and their sound unique. I love 70s love songs... Bread, Ambrosia, Toto, Player, The Little River Band, Firefall and others of this ilk. :happy:

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
Oh, me too! Their harmonies are just amazing and their sound unique. I love 70s love songs... Bread, Ambrosia, Toto, Player, The Little River Band, Firefall and others of this ilk. :happy:
If you're talking harmony, don't forget the Tremeloes! :)

terpsichore

You could always just say you're Catholic. Mixing Christianity with paganism is how it got its start! :D
lol true :p i don't go to church very often, usually just a few times a year, but when i do i usually go to an Episcopal church. i really like their laid-back inclusive approach and their focus on social issues. And the music. Church without Bach would be horrible. :p My favorite part of mass is the passing of the peace, where you basically have free license to hug as many people as you can in 5-10 minutes. :p Brilliant idea.

i do really admire Pope Francis; he seems very genuine and seems to care about people and the things that really matter, instead of pretension and ceremony and 'rules'. I was impressed that his first published paper was criticizing the "cult of money"/materialism.

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
I prefer owning vehicles that don't have airbags. This also means they are not very fuel efficient and/or have poor emissions. (/notgreen)

Cobra Verde

Lupus Dei
Muhammad Ali is hugely overrated as both a cultural figure and a boxer and he was a fucking creep to boot. I'm sorry he got Parkinson's but I'm glad that I'll never hear his stupid, ugly voice again.

Joe Louis (whom he called an Uncle Tom like the swell person he was) wouldve knocked him out in 4.

EDIT: Okay, that was harsh - he wouldve lasted until the 9th.

Mordecai

The fire is coming for us
Neither were as good, pound for pound, as Sugar Ray Robinson.

CleverBomb

On Space Out
I prefer owning vehicles that don't have airbags. This also means they are not very fuel efficient and/or have poor emissions. (/notgreen)
But if you're preserving an old car, it means that you didn't cause the environmental impact of building a new car from scratch. That includes everything from mining the metal, through the petroleum used in the plastics, to the energy used to turn the raw materials into an automobile. (/greenerthanyouthought)

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
But if you're preserving an old car, it means that you didn't cause the environmental impact of building a new car from scratch. That includes everything from mining the metal, through the petroleum used in the plastics, to the energy used to turn the raw materials into an automobile. (/greenerthanyouthought)
Damn. :huh:

Latest posts