• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Velvet in Aussie news and I have a ? on FAT/HEALTH...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velvet

Hi my Dimension darlings!

http://www.news.com.au/

http://blogs.news.com.au/fullychic/...the_quiet_fat_revolution_of_ms_velvet_damour/

Here is my latest interview which made the 'first page' which is quite cool.
As expected, there loads of FAT PEOPLE ARE UNHEALTHY comments.
I had included in my interview both,

http://www.obesitymyths.com/index.cfm

and

Conventional wisdom says that communities will save on health care by
getting people to lose weight and quit smoking. But a recent Dutch
study finds that, compared to obese people and smokers, healthy people
place a greater burden on health care systems!

The reason: it costs more to care for people who live longer. The
study found that healthy people lived about 84 years, costing $417,000
in health care from age 20 on. Obese people live about 80 years,
costing $371,000, and smokers lived 77 years, at a health care cost of
$326,000.

"This throws a bucket of cold water onto the idea that obesity is
going to cost trillions of dollars," said Patrick Basham, a professor
of health politics at Johns Hopkins University who was unconnected to
the study. He said that government projections about obesity costs are
frequently based on guesswork, political agendas, and changing
science.

"If we're going to worry about the future of obesity, we should
stop worrying about its financial impact," he said.

But the journalist said she couldn't include everything since it was such a long article.
What I find somewhat laughable, is the number of people who go on and on about UNHEALTHY, as though they give a hoot about our health! People presuming "I drink alot of beer" and "have type two diabetes" when I don't even drink alcohol, nor have diabetes, or high blood pressure, etc. etc. which is beside the point, when one considers the number of skinny people who do.
It always seems to come down to how unhealthy I am, when my guess is it also has something to do with peoples need to feel superior. The fact that I am not just fat but godforbid! proud, and how dare I have my cake and eat it too.
Anyway, I do touch upon the health thing in the interview, but it always goes unnoticed, and its inevitable that there's dozens of responses negating me by virtue of my supposed ill health, so maybe I'm missing something? Maybe there is a better way to respond to the issue and thus I thought I would ask here.
Another thing that's interesting, is the fact that the journalist said she was receiving loads of rude, sexual comments she couldn't/wouldn't print, and there was only one other story she had done which received a similar amount/type of comments (involving the controversial sexually charged image of a 13 year old model). She said she believed it was because there are alot of men who read this site, and I said those are the men who wish they could get with me,lol lol Not to be up my own ..., but making the point that men who feel the need to go on and on about 'what I get up to' sexually speaking (as the journalist tactfully put it) may indeed be experiencing a disgust for whatever desire is sparked within them, when they see a sensual fat woman, and their own difficulty to come to terms with that desire, in a society which frowns upon that. Much like folks who bash on gays and then turn up seeking gay sex in airport bathrooms and the like.
Anyway, its nice to have this community to turn to especially when faced with negativity in a quest merely to push for inclusion and diversity.
Big fat kiss,
Velvet

View attachment elle 211.jpg

Latest posts

Back