• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Walking away from Size Acceptance?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T_Devil

A Happy Disaster
I know some people pour their heart and sould into the Size Acceptance Movement. Some people fight so hard for it that they pretty much give up everything else in their lives. Everybody {here} believes in it.

So let me ask you this.
Has there ever been a point where you ask yourself "Why bother"? Has there ever been something you see where you just question what you have been doing this whole time? You think you're doing the right thing and it turns out that all of your hard work is being misconstrued, misread and misused?

Ever just want to close it all down and walk away from the size acceptance movement?

I've been feeling that a lot lately. I don't go out and march and form protests and shit like that. I feel that stuff is too archaic and nobody really cares anyway. I believe the revolution is being carried out through the minds of 21st century thinkers and business minded professionals that seek stature for size because it makes for better business. In this day and age, we all bow to the graven image of finance, be it Dollars, Euro or Yen. Size Acceptance ought to be marketable if it is to be understood.

But I also see the abuses of it. I see people defending bad behavior as "personal choice". Personal choice has a tendency to affect the people closest to that person making the choice. By proxy, certain choices do NOT affect the individual. Certain choices affect people we love, and it affects them in ways we could never know, even if we ourselves know what those others are going through.

I am conflicted about how I feel and maybe I'm reaching out to the wrong board for answers. Perhaps I will get no answers. Perhaps I'll just be insulted and that will be the end of this thread. I can't say for sure.

What I do know is I don't like what I'm feeling, and I can't change it because I've tried. I only see angry faces looking back at me because I feel like something horrible is about to happen. There are somethings I will stand and fight for.... There are other things I will strategicly abandon because it is in the better interest of my own personal beliefs. It sounds selfish, but who wants to make sacrafices for people who are just going to wipe their feet on them?

Help me out here Dimmers...... I really need answers because this feeling is breaking my heart. All I have left to give is loyality. Loyality goes to those who have earned it.

Latest posts

Back