• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Well duh... Bullies' Brains Light Up With Pleasure as People Squirm

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buffie

KittyBuffieKat
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/11/081107-bully-brain.html

National Geographic has an article about this study showing that bullies' brains that get all excited when they see others in pain.

Which makes me wonder if perhaps evil is born and not made? Maybe that's going overboard... not all bullies are "evil" because some of them do grow up and change their ways.

Not all bullies do, though. Some get worse with age.

There are times when I wish my life would have been different during those 4 or 5 years I was tortured daily in junior high and high school. It did damage and left deep scars; and I bet there are bunches of you who are nodding and thinking "I can soooo relate."

Conversely, I might not be the same person now, had I not endured and then survived.

Maybe damage contributes to our character? Provided we learn from it, become stronger or more resilient.

The more I consider it though, I think I would sacrifice a bit of any "character" I may have developed from the pain if I could make the terminal, soul-crushing anxiety go away.

So yeah... bullies... they dig seeing people suffer. I think I could have deduced as much without spending untold time and money on a scientific study. But it's all for the greater good, I suppose. Besides, we have to put all the fancy schmancy technology to good use. LOLz

I wonder if my brain lights up with pleasure when I see a bully on the receiving end of a proper ass whooping?

Latest posts

Back