What’s on the dinner table (part 2)?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

DazzlingAnna

It's not a bug, it's a feature.
Is it a traditional day with a traditional lunch today in Germany. For a long time goose was one of the traditional meat for Christmas in France. Looks so good :)
Indeed this is a traditional lunch for Dec 25 here - at least it was in my family.
I think In 2017 I started a new tradition - same food but a different date in December. Having a good time with friends. Enjoying good food.

Leftovers from today's lunch menu.
Baked goose, dumplings, red cabbage.

View attachment 153102

Unfortunately no leftover dessert

(mascarpone cream with raspberries and cookie crumble).
Oh my gosh that looks amazing… 🤤
Too bad there was no dessert. I just learned to make cranberry tarts for thanksgiving that sound sort of similar.
Filo dough filled with brie, and topped with jellied cranberries. Soooo good….

Angelette

Chris Farley's fiancee.
Made Kraft Mac and Cheese. Mixed in some leftover shredded cheese of the same brand. Topped it off with buttered bread crumbs.

Last edited:

FFAscinated

Fried rice. I love getting takeout from our local hole-in-the-wall Chinese joint. it comes with an enormous side of fried rice, which is pretty Meh. So I don't eat it with dinner. Next day, I fried chopped bacon, onion, garlic and ginger. Add frozen peas (or mixed veg). Set aside. Scramble eggs. Set aside. more oil for the pan.Fry the rice. Dump in all the goodies (plus anything from the fridge that looks good - leftover Happy Family was last night's treat) Soy sauce, hot sauce. Yum!

kyle

"Beam me here Scotty"
Fried rice. I love getting takeout from our local hole-in-the-wall Chinese joint. it comes with an enormous side of fried rice, which is pretty Meh. So I don't eat it with dinner. Next day, I fried chopped bacon, onion, garlic and ginger. Add frozen peas (or mixed veg). Set aside. Scramble eggs. Set aside. more oil for the pan.Fry the rice. Dump in all the goodies (plus anything from the fridge that looks good - leftover Happy Family was last night's treat) Soy sauce, hot sauce. Yum!
Love me some Chinese! Nice job.

Orchid

🧀 piece of cheese.
1/2 sandwich tomato, french mustard, cranberry pate.
1/2 cup cooked fruit compote: 1 apple, few dried prunes, few dried apricots, few raisins, lemon juice, cinnamon powder, ginger powder, 1 tsp brown sugar, water.

Angelette

Chris Farley's fiancee.
I ripped off FFAscinated and made myself fried rice. But admittedly it didn't turn out well.

Last edited:

Orso

Just pasta with chickpeas, cheese (mascarpone, taleggio, parmesan and gorgonzola) and red wine, Nebbiolo

Green Eyed Fairy

Veteran of a 1000 Psychic Wars
I cooked a turkey yesterday and cut it up. I took some of the dark meat to make turkey pot pie for dinner last night.
Super easy and good.

Orchid

Merry Christmas Eve.

Smoked salmon, dill & lemon.
Swedish crisp bread & cream cheese.
Green stuffed olives & mini tomatoes with herbs soft cheese.
Small glass port and Stilton cheese.

Orchid

1/2 sandwich turkey leftovers, thin tomato slices with balsamico vinegar,
green olives.
Fentimans Rose lemonade is my daughter's favorite drink from her last visit she left me few cans so drink one today,

Latest posts