What Are You Into?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

moniquessbbw

Shake N Bake
I love to cook, travel, fashion, shopping, arts and crafts of any kind. Making gift baskets, scrap booking, cruising, beaches all over, fine dining, really nice hotels for a get away weekend, lots of family time with my entire family. I am sure there is more but those are the tops in my world.

Highsteppa

Kneel before Zod
Hrm... lot of ground to cover:

DJ sets and DJ culture - love electronic, hip hop and turntablism - I was part of Toronto's rave scene in the 90's and it changed my life immensely. Still go out from time to time to see the odd favorite DJ when he/she/they are in town. I really miss going record shopping and digging through the bins, trying to locate some unknown treasure that I've never come across before.

I'm a bit of a sneakerhead - I'm picky about what sneakers I buy, but it's usually on the higher end of the scale. I'm currently trying to track down a pair of suitable Adidas high tops that would reflect the 80's era of Hip Hop.

Graffiti - every year I go to the back alleys along Queen Street West and around the city and take hundreds of photos of all the new graffiti that's popped up.

Film - I used to be a film critic for a nationally published magazine pro bono - I did it to build up a portfolio and still write the odd article/review when asked. I enjoy as much the art house as I do foreign film and even the big ass dumb summer blockbuster equally - I just want to be entertained, and be given something to think or talk about. Also, I have an insanely large DVD/Blu Ray collection which includes some out of print titles that could fetch upwards of $1000.00 on ebay.

Video Games - basic philosophy that appeals to me; kill everything in the room, move on to next room, repeat - it's an aggression outlet.

Art - recently saw an exhibit showing David Bowie memorabilia and before that an exhibit of all the James Bond props from the various films. Go to a lot of photo exhibits and art gallery openings. There's plenty of art stuff in Toronto constantly going on, and I always feel blessed to be lucky to live in this city (despite our fuckhead Mayor).

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
In the evenings I read (mostly whodunits), do British-style crosswords, solve jigsaws online, or just hang with my rabbits (they have the run of the house* and are pleasant companions). My wife and I take lessons in ballroom dance and go out dancing at least once a week. We've been dancing together for twenty-five years, but we've found a new teacher who is helping us improve our technique enormously. Of course, that means unlearning all the bad habits we've picked up over the years...:rolleyes:

*and use the litterbox

leener38

There's so much out there to enjoy! Being a foodie, I love to travel and try the local cuisine (and wine and beer). I write more than I should, and read even more. In my old age, I am enjoying the revival of my perennial pastime -- Anime.

I. Love. It.

Also, Korean drama because… you have to watch it to believe it! Totally addicted.

Saisha

Delphinum natare doces
Counted cross stitch, needlework, drawing/painting, reading, photography, some astronomy, marine science, the ocean, surfing, maritime history, polar regions, animals, different cultures, military, and the fine arts.

ditzygirl

Guitar playing/music.
Shooting sports/hunting and fishing.
4 wheeling I enjoy too.
Knitting and quilting as well.

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
I'm 48 and will be 49 this year. That time will fly by and soon I will have to jump in the 50's pool. Wandered back in here and noticed that I didn't post what I'm in to. It's because I'm as dull as dish water, I am not into much.

• singing
  • reading
  • sewing
  • knitting
  • travel
  • shopping
  • make up artistry
  • fashion

Lamia

Like OMG!!
I have a new hobby. Catography i.e. taking pictures of my cats. This is Willow. She's the most beautiful cat ever. Did I mention that I love cats? Here is my most recent cat picture I'm not sure why it is loading the picture upside down...

luvmybhm

waiting for spring!
i enjoy gardening, but with the onset of winter that has slowed down. i have recently gotten into trying to reorganize and rearrange my home. i started in my young daughter's room to reorganize. hub helped me take one of those metal mesh grid systems (you can build cubes by hooking the grids together with the little round connectors) to build a large corral in her room to store her overwhelming amount of stuffed animals. then i moved an old low bookshelf that was in storage into her room. i had some empty plastic shoe boxes and voila! we spent some of the afternoon sorting out all the little stuff that was in the bottom of her toy box into the easier access bins. now she won't have to pull out the big toys to get at something small in the bottom.

i am looking forward to moving along through the house and trying to change things up and get organized.

MattB

Epicurean
Music above all else...writing, recording, listening. I put out a ton of music that no one except Leo listens to. Guitar playing and building, although I've put the building on hiatus.

Getting back into paranormal investigation again after a long (for me) break. That field is like Hotel California, you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave.

I run now. I still don't totally like it, but I keep doing it and buying new running shoes so I guess I'm "into it".

There's always more, but those are the basics.

Latest posts

Group builder