MattB

Caffeinated
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
The Byrds are "early evening" music for me, I need to be pumped up in the AM. 🙃

Sonic Purity

Grateful
The band The Donnas came up in an email flurry discussion with a DJ friend tonight. I realized i knew of the band, but didn’t truly know their material. Auditioning 4 official videos on YouTube later i know why: too mainstream commercial for the radio station where i was volunteering when the band was active.

They do standard guitar rock on standard rock topics (sex, mostly) quite well, and clearly had a significant video budget from their major label support. Here’s one i like as much or more for the visuals than the music, though that’s good too:

The Donnas - Fall Behind Me (Official Video)

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...
"I realized i knew of the band, but didn’t truly know their material... clearly had a significant video budget from their major label support. Here’s one i like as much or more for the visuals than the music, though that’s good too.."
That's always interesting to me, anyone's rediscovery of a band or song that there's already lots of people enjoying. Also, for me, the visual aspect (concept & execution) of how a particular song is performed or promoted is a big part of it as well, how I can relate it to as some kind of wholistic experience. More so now, in this time of new social medias where newer or more independent artists can more efficiently and creatively achieve a good production value that reaches a much wider, even global, audience. Even during a pandemic.

That's a big part of what I enjoy most in threads like this when people actually share the (official) video or performance aspect of it as well, instead of only naming the song & artist or providing link for just that.

Latest posts