What are you nerds reading these days?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Wow I have found this old thread! Let's infuse new life to it!

I'm actually reading very different ebooks from Google Play Books.

This week, my choice is The New Gods. A compilation volume composed of issues #1 to #11 of the series of the same name originally published in 1971.

Written and drawn by comic books maestro, Jack Kirby!

download.jpeg

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
I'm currently on a huge Martha Wells kick. Working my way through her absolutely "Murderbot Diaries" (science fiction, with the most intensely human and relatable security android you'll ever meet), and while waiting my turn at them from the library reading through her Raksura series (fantasy, I guess? But on a very different axis from most fantasy, it has more of a science fiction vibe to it, more races of people than I can even remember, and again just wonderful characters). Very definitely 'feel good' reads.

Spoiler Free Comic Book Review

IMG_20220122_212642.jpg
Cover A. Art by Zach Howard and color by Leonard O'Grady.

Title: Star Trek: Alien Spotlight #1
(First in a series of one-shots)
Publisher: IDW Comics
Published: October 10, 2007
Writers: Scott Tipton and David Tipton
Artist: David Messina
Letters: Chris Mowry
Editor: Dan Taylor
Reviewed in: Google Play Books

Returning from a successful medical mission to a federation observation outpost on Te Awamutu VII, Captain Terrell and his first officer, Commander Pavel Chekov make their way back to the USS Reliant.

Terrell, Chekov, Dr. Wilder and Officers Bates and Skiles must face great danger after their shuttlecraft crash-landed on a M class planet occupied by the Gorn.

A race of cold-blooded reptilians, the Gorn still have hard feelings at the Federation fifteen years after their first encounter with Captain James T. Kirk in the TOS episode, "Arena."

Spoiler Free Comic Book Review

Screenshot_20221023-064309_1.jpg
Cover A art by Zach Howard

Screenshot_20221023-064318_1.jpg
Cover B art by Elena Casagrande

Title: Star Trek: Alien Spotlight: Orions

(Fourth in a series of one shots)

Note: My reviews for this series is not a chronological order. It's mostly based on my personal interest. And also, my focus will be on the Original Series and the Animated Series' era.

Publisher: IDW Comics
Published: December 2007
Writers: Scott and David Tipton
Artist: Elena Casagrande and colors by Mirco Pierfederici
Letters: Chris Mowry
Editor: Andrew Steven Harris
Reviewed in: Google Play Books

As one of his first missions as a recently promoted Starfleet Captain, Christopher Pike must attend a Federation Conference on Babel as a guest of honor.

In there, Captain Pike must have to interviene in an attempt to assassinate Muso, a high profile Tellarite business liaison with an obscure background from Leata, an Orion slave girl.

While serving as a bodyguard to Muso, he discovers the relationship between this two characters' past while facing a lot of danger.

Donna

Definitely NOT Jolly
Colleen Hoover’s It Ends With Us. I do not get the hype surrounding Hoover’s books. She doesn’t just paint a picture using angst, she pours the bucket full over the canvas. I usually enjoy a good heavily emotional story, and yet, I still didn’t find myself being drawn in. This is the third Hoover book I’ve tried to read and ended up putting it in my DNF folder.

I know some are saying Stephen King has lost his touch, but I disagree. Just finished Fairy Tale by King and I strongly recommend this one. It wasn’t what I expected, but that’s a positive. Loved this book.

Later today I hope to start Appalachian Horror, a shorty story compilation. It’s supposed to be extremely scary, so it’s definitely spooky season appropriate.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
I'm finally reading Neil Gaiman's door stopper of a book American Gods. So far I'm enjoying it, other than being tired from staying awake too late reading it in bed each night.

Latest posts