What book are you reading right now?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

balletguy

Pianaple Grinade=Tim Dorsey

Look Tim up if u dont dont know him he is very funny and the books are awesome

Marlayna

"The Sedona Method" - by Hale Dwoskin... Your Key to Lasting Happiness, Success, Peace and Emotional Well-being.

I mostly read non-fiction, and I can usually be found in Barnes and Noble at the self-help section. When I finish a book, I pass it on to someone who needs it.
It's cheaper than a shrink. ;)

TwilightStarr

Eat Pray Love - by Elizabeth Gilbert

I loved the movie and started reading the book once before but never finished it for some reason so I started reading it again today :)

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
Emotional Unavailability : Recognizing It, Understanding It, and Avoiding Its Trap - Bryn Collins

fat9276

I just finished Mockingjay... it was fair to middlin'. I am glad to be done with it as the whole series was getting kind of boring.

Aust99

I agree B, By the third book I lost a lot of interest as the story wasn't as engaging/ characters less likeable...

I'm reading nothing atm as its a new school term tomorrow and I need to do my planning...

HDANGEL15

GREATFUL
I am almost done with the last of the trilogy...I am burnt out and confess I am ready for something new!!!!!
I just finished Mockingjay... it was fair to middlin'. I am glad to be done with it as the whole series was getting kind of boring.
I agree B, By the third book I lost a lot of interest as the story wasn't as engaging/ characters less likeable...

well I am glad to know I am not alone in that ...
but sorta sad too, that they died out like that :(

ataraxia

Right now, I'm reading the collected short fiction of C J Cherryh. I always loved her novels when I was a kid, but this isn't doing much for me now. Then again, I'm not getting much mileage out of fiction in general this year.

Before that, it was Oliver Sacks' Musicophilia. Sacks is great - I highly recommend this book and the very similar "The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Hat" to anyone even vaguely interested in neurology and the (mis-)workings of the brain.

Isa

In search of....
Just started book two of the 50 shades trilogy. Not the best books I've ever read nor the worst. I will say, they are not as shocking as the media would lead you to believe. The series is nothing more than contemporary romance with some kink thrown in.

HDANGEL15

GREATFUL
Sounds like something I need to read.

Currently reading Slammekin by Emma Donoghue.
She wrote ROOM..which was AMAZING....curious how this one is!!!

Just started book two of the 50 shades trilogy. Not the best books I've ever read nor the worst. I will say, they are not as shocking as the media would lead you to believe. The series is nothing more than contemporary romance with some kink thrown in.
I was given 50 shades book 1 this weekend, and felt like a perv reading it....IC....I was expecting something much more :confused:

Webmaster

Chief Emeritus
https://www.facebook.com/conrad.blickenstorfer, Ma
Finished reading "We need to talk about Kevin" by Lionel Shriver. Disturbing, excellent book presented as a woman writing letters to her husband about a life that led up to her teenage son doing Columbine-style mass murdering. I am usually not much for this type of thing, but Shriver's superior writing and the study of who a child is and what could have led to the way things turned out was riveting.

Last edited by a moderator:

danielson123

Seasick Sailorboy
Russell Jackson's "Victorian Theatre": An interesting look into the inner workings of the style of performance at that time.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
Peace From Broken Pieces: How to Get Through What You're Going Through - Iyanla Vanzant

Latest posts