• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

What do you love to listen to: The underrated music thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wagimawr

We never got around to creating this counterpoint thread, but I thought I'd start one for bands that you absolutely love that you feel are passed over or unfairly bashed in the mainstream. Make your case for bands you love!

I'll start with three:

Rush
Queen
Dave Matthews Band

In all three bands are respectively 3, 4 and 5 extremely talented musicians (say what you want about Dave but his guitar playing is unique and more difficult than it seems).

Rush gets a lot of stick a) for Geddy Lee's voice, and b) the fact that they're prog/arena rockers. I for one love them - it's certainly very humbling to try to learn any part of a Rush record, and the sheer sound these three guys put out in concert is just incredible, for again, only being three people.

Queen's not as easily dismissed, but I would suspect is still a bigger deal outside of America than in it. Just an awesome band, even if you don't like pompous, arrogant and self-indulgent music. :p Again, 4 extremely talented musicans, including one of the best singers ever to have been in the business.

Dave Matthews Band: the love-em-or-hate-em 90s jam band. Again, a voice issue, just like with Rush. Having seen these guys in concert, though, I can attest for just how much fun it is watching them create together on stage. A beast of a violin player, and then there's Carter Beauford: the black Neil Peart, if you will. :p

I could go on, maybe include early Chicago (pre-Hot Streets), but I feel I've said enough for one post.

Latest posts

Back