Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

BigElectricKat

Have a question? PM me!
Staff member
Global Moderator
The person or the video rental place?

Video killed the radio star, and cable/streaming/ satelight killed blockbuster
Actually, Redbox and Netflix killed Blockbuster. They tried to start their own streaming service but it was too little, too late. If you ever followed this whole situation, you can even pinpoint when Blockbuster's death knell rang. Their business model could not support the immense overhead of keeping so many brick and mortar stores open. Especially when Redbox was charging $1 for movies and a basic Netflix subscription was $7.99 a month. You knew it was all over for Blockbuster when Redbox price jumped to $1.50 and Netflix to $10.99.

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
DM Supporter
Actually, Redbox and Netflix killed Blockbuster. They tried to start their own streaming service but it was too little, too late. If you ever followed this whole situation, you can even pinpoint when Blockbuster's death knell rang. Their business model could not support the immense overhead of keeping so many brick and mortar stores open. Especially when Redbox was charging $1 for movies and a basic Netflix subscription was $7.99 a month. You knew it was all over for Blockbuster when Redbox price jumped to $1.50 and Netflix to $10.99.
I still have full cable and struggle with accepting Fox as a real channel. VHF or UHF, UHF we’re not real channels. I am officially Okd AF

RabbitScorpion

vienna carrier-no venom
I still have full cable and struggle with accepting Fox as a real channel. VHF or UHF, UHF we’re not real channels. I am officially Okd AF
Trivial fact: Many VHF stations are, in actuality, UHF stations (they transmit on a UHF channel and send a signal to have your set display a different channel number).

LumpySmile

Whatever happened to Ho Ho Tai? Haven't seen him in a while. He's pretty elderly and I hate to assume the worst...

BigElectricKat

Have a question? PM me!
Staff member
Global Moderator
are you glad you didnt!?
No. I wish I had (sorta). It was a small little store located right outside the Air Force Base I live near. The owners wanted to sell it as they were retiring and moving to Arizona. They were honest and told me that it wasn't a goldmine or anything but it would have been some nice extra income. They dropped the price to where I could have managed it too. No one bought it and I think they ended up selling all of their DVDs and VHS tapes for really cheap.

Bama

What happened to celestial ssbbw Susanne Eman? Wls?? Retirement?
This is a really late answer, but, she lost almost half her body weight (down to 450lbs from 800lbs) in 2013 because her kids were worried about her health. Her fiance left her because she lost so much weight. He was unhappy about her weight loss but so was she so, she gained a bunch of it back and in 2015 she was back up to 600lbs. Her new boyfriend is a chef. It is my understanding that he was once really big too (morbidly obese). As of 2015, she was unemployed. That's the last that I know of her.

Bigjoedo

DM Supporter
Hello,

Does anyone know what happened to Roxy? Her last updates were in the fall of 2018. Is she OK, on a break or did she leave the SSBBW community? I know models come and go just wondering about her
Thanks