"What ever happened to..."

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Heavy_Cream

I guess another way to explain it is that a person made up the Character Tall Fat Sue, wrote a bunch of posts about an imaginary life and would post them on Dimensions, Yahoo Groups, AOL groups and other places. The posts were often word for word the same. Tall Fat Sue was not a real person.
-Ok, thank you so much for explaining, and I'm not trying to "challenge" you and say that you're wrong, but I am just saying, I believe that's called "cross-posting". I thought some people on the internet will sometimes take the same piece they typed out and paste it onto other places around the internet so they don't have to go to the trouble of typing the same thing out all over again for each different site and if somebody has different friends and different viewers on multiple sites, it's a way to share with them that way/that method, to let them know what they're up to & thinking, or questions they have, and to get their responses on the post and all...for example, I'd be willing to type something out on a facebook group and then copy and paste the exact-same piece I wrote onto different groups that are themed on the same subject. Anyway, I hope I'm being clear/explaining what I mean properly, and just in my humble opinion, I don't see how somebody posting the exact-same written piece, word-for-word on multiple locations proves they're a fake person and a created character for trolling or role-playing, or what have you. Thank you very much for your replies to my posts, I appreciate it immensely.

LoveBHMS

default title
Generally if someone is lying, their stories will never change, simply because they've invented it and memorized it, rather than recalling something that actually happened. "She" also would frequently mention the same themes over and over and over....her job as an office manager, her engineer husband Art, the fact that Art never dated a fat girl, and her mother's hatred of her fat. She also frequently seemed to encounter younger fat women who were inspired by her positive attitude.

Heavy_Cream

Interesting. I've never heard that about lying before. I thought liars actually tend to not keep their stories straight, because lies are harder to remember than things that actually happened. But, I can imagine somebody creating a character and having the made-up details about it down pat. Thank you very much for your posting to me, LoveBHMS. I very much appreciate you taking the time to respond. I hope you have a wonderful day and thanks again.

Generally if someone is lying, their stories will never change, simply because they've invented it and memorized it, rather than recalling something that actually happened. "She" also would frequently mention the same themes over and over and over....her job as an office manager, her engineer husband Art, the fact that Art never dated a fat girl, and her mother's hatred of her fat. She also frequently seemed to encounter younger fat women who were inspired by her positive attitude.

LoveBHMS

default title
Weeeeeeelllll...I like to believe that yes, Virginia, there is a Tall Fat Sue-ta Claus...and I would love it if she would stop by and say hi to me.
You keep waiting for that. Just ignore what everyone has told you. Obviously there is an actual person behind the TFS posts, but it's definitely not a large woman that works as an office manager and is married to an engineer named Art who was never into fat girls until he met her.

finallyfat

Always figured something was askew with Tall Fat Sue". Had an irritating habit of needlessly repeating basic information about themselves. Avoided interactions with it. I always saw Jon Lithgow in a dress when reading TFS' stuff.

Now I'm laughing at the poster in this thread mounting a furious defense of Tall Fat Sue. "Tall Fat Sue", is that you?

LoveBHMS

default title
Always figured something was askew with Tall Fat Sue". Had an irritating habit of needlessly repeating basic information about themselves. Avoided interactions with it. I always saw Jon Lithgow in a dress when reading TFS' stuff.

Now I'm laughing at the poster in this thread mounting a furious defense of Tall Fat Sue. "Tall Fat Sue", is that you?
It actually occurred to me that Heavy Cream might be TFS but I don't think so. Their writing styles are quite different.

I recall there was some dustup with TFS when "She" was admitted to a private SSBBW board and other obviously female posters were not.

Heavy_Cream

It actually occurred to me that Heavy Cream might be TFS but I don't think so. Their writing styles are quite different.

I recall there was some dustup with TFS when "She" was admitted to a private SSBBW board and other obviously female posters were not.
No, I'm not Tall Fat Sue. Heavens. But I do think it'd be fun to use the word, "methinx" or "methinks" a lot. :eek:)

jac1974kra

Who knows what happened to Sexysignature? It does not give a sign of life from October! Has something bad happened?

LifelongFA

I was a long time subscriber to the magazine in the 90s and early 2000s, and just recently joined the site here, just was thinking back to the old days - pre-internet!

LifelongFA

Karen one of the very last magazine print models - from New Jersey, I believe? Anyone know of her whereabouts.....Bueller?

blubberismanly

Basically New
Layla...she deleted her youtube and tumblr abruptly not long ago. Her stuff is still up on her modeling site. Anyone know what the deal is?

Latest posts