• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

What I wish the opponents of the Tea Party might Say

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbwsrule

Let's suppose that one (maybe you) is an opponent of the Tea Party. Instead of the usual stuff that is said, deciding that you know everything that needs to be known about them judging from their signs, race, average income level or commentary by Leftists, how about saying something like this:

"I appreciate that so many people feel motivated to get involved in the political process. I don't agree with their message, however. I have carefully studied all the issues and I have concluded that the President and Congress are making the best moves for the country. We are spending a great deal of money that we don't have but I think it will be good for the country in the long run.

I don't agree with them but I respect their right to have their voices heard".

Or, if one is to level charges against them other than that you don't agree with their message, how about being honest and/or fair about it? Such as...

1. "this is racism straight up. They can't stand the idea of a Black
President" ("being successful" I think is how she ended the statement).
This is from actress Geneane Garofolo almost immediately after the
Tea Party started.

This type of charge is frequently leveled but without any real substantiation.
What is racist about saying the government is spending too much money?
Many of those in power who want to spend so much are white, like Nancy Peolsi and Harry Reid.

2. "I just think they are a bunch of teabaggers". My gay brother told me
what that is (something about licking testicles). As far as I know Ms.
Garafolo started using this term for the Tea Party and many politicians,
even, have picked it up. Nancy Pelosi called Tea Partiers "astroturf".

Again, this is just insulting someone, like a 7-year old child. There is no adult-level consideration of the issues they are raising.

3. There have been plenty of claims that they are potentially violent
crackpots. Of course any large group might have a few people like
this but there is no substantiation that the group as a whole has
any such agenda.

That's all well and good, but if there are people on the left who are racist and/or threatening violence, then it is only fair to point that out, right? And denounce it, right? How about the "New Black Panther" case that was summarily thrown out by the DOJ, after it had apparently won the case, of voter intimidation? And Van Jones, who has advocated the violent overthrow of the government? And numerous others.

I have seen some talking on this site about why there is so much hate. It is a complex question, but I think now it is so prevalent because so many have accepted that it is OK to hate and demonize those with whom they disagree.
And, that there is no need to condemn this if it comes from the mouths of
political allies.

Sorry if this wasn't expressed as well as it could be but I wanted to say a few things in limited space.

Latest posts

Back