• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

What Is Love?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stormy

In Elementary School, a teacher told me that if you love someone, you would be willing to sacrifice your life so they could stay alive. I’ve never been willing to die for anyone. I might for one my brothers, but really can’t imagine agreeing to that. Does this mean I don’t love my parents? I’ve been married; don’t you have to be in love for that? ;) The most important things in my life are my dogs, and if I’m capable of loving surely I do them, but I wouldn’t die for them, and it wouldn’t make much sense anyway. I’ve had them since they were puppies, they’re 5 and 6 now, and no one else would give them anything like the kind of life they’ve had with me. If I knew I was going to die I would probably euthanize them first rather than die worried about their future. People who don’t even know me and want hardly anything to do with me tell me they love me, not just guys wanting sex but like distant relatives and friends. Do these people just not care much whether they live or die? Maybe they’re religious and want to hurry to their afterlife. The term seems overused, unless most other people are very different than me, or think about it completely differently. Do you tell people you love them when you don’t really think you do? Is it OK to do that? I don’t feel right signing letters and holiday cards and stuff “Love” when I don’t think it’s true or don’t know if it’s true.

From dictionary.com:
Love: A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.

A definition which includes “ineffable” doesn’t help me all that much. I’ve also heard that when you love someone you know it, but clearly I don’t, unless I never have. When you love someone, do you always think so? I’ve thought I might love people before, but was never sure, and looking back mostly think I did not really. I know love can cease, but is it normal to think you love someone, or that you might, and then later change your mind, or realize you never did?

Latest posts

Back