What is making you SAD right now...

Discussion in 'Daily Living' started by Uriel, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Apr 8, 2009 #1

Uriel

Uriel

Uriel

Nacho Ninja

I'm not sure if there is a Sad thread, but I just looked through 5 pages, with no result.

Me: I just saw (On the news) that they found that 8-year old girl Sandra Cantu, stuffed in a suitcase and thrown in a pond. I didn't know her, and Tracey (Her home) is just one of those places along the Highway here you stop for gas, and never consider those who live there. I've been hoping and praying (And I'm not Religious, but what the heck) that, for once, they would find the child, not dead, not raped...just once a kid just got lost, you know?

I'm sitting here, crying my eyes out for this beautiful little girl who will never have the chance to know the thrill of a first kiss, or the pride of her first paycheck, or graduating from College, or having a baby of her own.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7275611&page=1

Fuck, as I am sitting here, with the Today Show on, that poor girl in New York who was raped a few years ago, where the conductor in a train, and the attendant saw, but didn't rush to her aid...just came on the show, telling
    her story.

Anyways, yeah, I'm sad, it'll pass for me, and I can rest a little easier, knowing that when they find the sick fuck who snuffed out this child's just-lit flame of life, that this is California, and we have the Death Penalty for shit like this. Although, with what happens when a Prison Population finds out about child molesters/murderers...maybe he/she/they will just get Life, though I think it will be a short one.

Fuck, I'm crying again.

Rest In Peace Sandra

runningman and mimosa like this.
  2. Apr 8, 2009 #2

mergirl

mergirl

mergirl

gah.. thats just horrible and so sad. :(

3. Apr 8, 2009 #3

steely

steely

steely

For the soldier who survived an ambush in Iraq,the only survivor.Two non-humans killed his dog.I can't call them people,young men.They had also been killing random dogs in the neighborhood"just for fun".

Now this soldier has lost his best friend and his service animal.

The heavens should weep for the loss of innocent life,human or animal.

4. Apr 8, 2009 #4

cinnamitch

cinnamitch

cinnamitch

nope

yep just makes you stop and think about all the whining going on about petty things in life, when this is a child who will not even get that chance to complain about petty things.

Sometimes no matter how much you don't want to admit it, the world can be a totally sucking place and there are just some really evil people who just make you rethink humanity, and i hate that.

5. Apr 12, 2009 #5

BigBawdyDame

BigBawdyDame

BigBawdyDame

I'm sad and distrubed that I can't seem to get over a man I've been dating for only two months. We got along incredibly, physically and mentally. But we wanted different things emotionally. I ended it this past Wednesday, but I feel like I'm drowning. I know I'm mourning, but I absolutely hate feeling like this. I wish I could either not think about him or think of him and not feel soul wrenching pain. My friends have all told me they never liked him. Not helping! lol I feel alone and so very, very sad. It doesn't help that he's already back on the web site which we met through looking for my replacement. Do men really move on that quickly?

6. Apr 12, 2009 #6

mossystate

mossystate

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad

Today is the anniversary of my Mom's death. Sad, mixed with remembering what I loved about her.

mimosa likes this.
  7. Apr 12, 2009 #7

Violet_Beauregard

Violet_Beauregard

Violet_Beauregard

I'm sorry you're feeling sad... may your mother rest in peace. It's good to remember what you loved about her. Thank goodness for those great memories. :)

mossystate likes this.
  8. Apr 12, 2009 #8

TraciJo67

TraciJo67

TraciJo67

Hugs to you ((((((( Mossy ))))))))

mossystate likes this.
  9. Apr 12, 2009 #9

Twilley

Twilley

Twilley

Coming home to a cold and empty room...

10. Apr 12, 2009 #10

Uriel

Uriel

Uriel

Nacho Ninja

A couple of things, but I'm probably better off as things stand.

Oh, and at least they caught someone in that murder or little Sandra, although folks are stunned that it is a woman, and a Sunday School teacher... and not some pervo child predator. Strange fucking World we live in...

11. Apr 12, 2009 #11

Zoom

Zoom

Zoom

Rogue

This is saddening. I don't have anything important to say here that hasn't already been said by someone else, and even the board auto-knows it.

Do you REALLY want to hear what actually makes me sad? I somehow doubt that.

12. Apr 14, 2009 #12

luscious_lulu

luscious_lulu

luscious_lulu

Boobzilla

He is running away from me again. He's to afraid to take the chance and is not even going to try.

Breaks my heart...:(

13. Apr 14, 2009 #13

runningman

runningman

runningman

Being made redundant and worrying about money is making me sad.

It also makes me sad that I should get sad over such trivial things in relation to some of the other horrible things mentioned on this thread.

14. Apr 14, 2009 #14

JoyJoy

JoyJoy

JoyJoy

One of our most prominent faculty members was taken off life support this afternoon and died shortly after. He had fallen and hit his head a little over a week ago and neglected to seek medical care right away, and had a bleed two days later, never to recover after surgery.

I've worked here for almost 4 years, and for the first 3 1/2 years, this man never gave me the time of day. He would stand in my office area, on the other side of a partition and make comments about how unattractive fat people were. At the Division holiday party this year, he struck up a conversation with me and we talked for a good 20 minutes. After that, he would make a point to inquire about me with other staff members, and would stop and say hello before morning rounds as he was getting his coffee and 2 or 3 gumdrops from the jar that one of my office mates would put out for him. His greeting was always "Good morning, Joy...are you making any money for us today?" and we'd joke for a minute or two before he went on his way. I felt a small triumph in the fact that this man, who was known for being gruff and a little surly, and who was obviously size-prejudiced, chose to respect me and seemingly overlook my size once he got to know me a bit. He will be missed.

15. Apr 15, 2009 #15

1300 Class

1300 Class

1300 Class

Pam Poovey's Stunt Double

Rapidly coming to the realisation that I'm a totally incompetant hopeless prat whose wasted four years of their life at uni and can't get a job.

16. Apr 15, 2009 #16

TraciJo67

TraciJo67

TraciJo67

Joy, I remember you talking about him, and I remember thinking that my response to his size-prejudice would have been to come down on him, hard, when he made a remark. You dealt with it in your own way, with dignity, and probably made a lot of headway in actually changing his thinking process. I'm sorry for the loss that your department now faces.

17. Apr 15, 2009 #17

Wayne_Zitkus

Wayne_Zitkus

Wayne_Zitkus

Proud FA Since 1962

I haven't said anything about this yet here on Dims, but here goes.

Out of the blue, I was laid off last Tuesday. I'm 56 years old, and job hunting again. I had hoped to retire from that company in another decade or so....

steely and mergirl like this.
  18. Apr 15, 2009 #18

1300 Class

1300 Class

1300 Class

Pam Poovey's Stunt Double

Don't you get at least notice Wayne? Are entitlements/pensions and stuff secure? I mean thats fucken' rough.

19. Apr 15, 2009 #19

TraciJo67

TraciJo67

TraciJo67

I'm sorry to hear that, Wayne. I hope that you got a decent severance package, and that you find another job soon.

20. Apr 15, 2009 #20

HDANGEL15

HDANGEL15

HDANGEL15

GREATFUL

AL..if you were at uni for four years, I highly doubt that you are INCOMPETENT!! I have no idea what the job market is like in AU, but I waited over 8 months to settle for jobs paying less then 1/2 of what I was earlier...I am working 2 jobs paying an embarrassing hourly rate (for my years of experience) but I am very grateful to at last have not 1, but 2 jobs to get up in the morning for, and thirdly I house sit / dog walk also, which is MUCH more fun!!!