what is the most weight you have put on in a year?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

SSBHM

I have recently hit the 100-pound mark for this year (and probably surpassed it after yesterday's caloric intake), with two months still remaining in the 12-month period since this gaining cycle began.
Wow, and double wow!

Gettingfatj

in the last 12 months i put on 75 pounds. the first 35 due to participating in a santa belly challenge with some friends. We started 3 months out and tried to get the biggest gain by christmas. The rest came from an expanded stomach after that contest.
That had to have been a fun contest!

yayfat

Flipped on and off through whole life between 'eating' and 'losing/maintaining' mode. About 20 years ago, I started the longest binge i ever did... First year was the best year, almost 50 lbs up from 167 lbs. Never got close to 167 again, have occasionally gone back to maintaining at seemingly higher plateaus every time. Now close to 250, holidays have been good.

My thinking at the time was, the new Bush II policies and acts looked terrible & I would live to see things fall apart. (And this was BEFORE the disastrous 9/11 that may not have had to happen, and the disastrous responses.) No use trying to live a super long life, might as well be happy. Getting and being fat makes me happy for some stupid reason.

Not that everything would have been wonderful with a Gore administration. At least some of the rhetoric was good, and even if 9/11 still happened as it did, the response may have been less of a train wreck.

Last edited:

SSBHM

I've gained from 345 to 401 over the past quarter of a year, so can I multiply that gain by 4 to say it's an annualized gain? lol

56 lbs x # of quarters to be determined

xpulley

17lbs in a year is my record I think. Went from 175 to 192 a few years ago. I want to smash that record this year. So far I've already gained 10 pounds this year, from 205 on January 1st to 215 now. I would love to get to 250 by the end of the year but we will see how it goes.

SSBHM

Probably about 2 stone (28lb) in 6 months.
When you start from slim to fat it shows so much more. Have also gone from 10 stone to 13 stone in less than a year. I have to admit I enjoyed the wobbliness which is at it's most noticeable for me when going up stairs or in bed 😁
Any plans to gain perhaps 4 stone this year?

Latest posts