• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

What Motivates You?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NancyGirl74

*This is not a question about WLS but it is a question about losing weight so I thought this was the best forum for it. If I'm wrong I apologize in advance.*

So, here is the question. If you are dieting or just trying to be healthier what motivates you to keep going?

At my heaviest I felt like crap all the time. My whole body ached constantly, I was always short of breath, I was having a hard time doing my job which I love, AND I was diagnosed with high blood pressure. On top of it all (and worse of all) I was dangerously depressed. However, in the midst of all this I somehow managed to pick myself up off the floor (literally) and decided to take control and lose weight. I considered WLS but I didn't think it was for me. So, I began by lowering my sodium intake for BP reasons. That lead to lower calories which lead to making better food choices. I planned ahead, wrote everything down, and started exercising three times a week. I lost a grand total of 60 lbs and felt great. I was energized, proud of myself, and happy. I had a growing confidence in my body and in who I was as a person...just from losing 60 lbs. I was soooo motivated.

Sadly, that was then and this is now. I am sooo not motivated. I've gained back about 10 lbs and if I don't quit eating everything in sight it will soon be more then that.

So, I'm asking for help. I don't need to be super model skinny. I just want to feel that pride in myself again. That confidence that I can do this because I have already proven that I can...I just need to get off my butt and do it. I'm not looking for diet tips. I'm looking for what motivates you. What do you do to give yourself that little extra emotional boost that keeps you plugging along (and not just with dieting but with life in general). I really wanna hear your input.

Inspire me, people. :)

Thanks,
Nancy

PS...please don't beat me up for being a dieter. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back