When you exercise what do you use?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Funtastic curves

What do you do or use to exercise with to help pass the time?

As for me, I find if I watch a movie, it helps me to not look at the timer. When I'm constantly looking at the timer it feels like eternity. I mentally become tired and I want to quit.

Now that I have Incorporated weights I find that I enjoy listening to music while working out. But only while doing weights.

Tad

mostly harmless
I never found anything that worked well for me, so I do most of my exercise by biking or walking outside, where I have scenery and people to see.

I can manage 10-15 minutes strength training with gear in the basement if I vary what I am doing frequently. Probably doesn't make for an optimal program, but hopefully beats nothing.

SSBHM

I go to a gym and there are TVs on - without sound, and music in the background. I have to concentrate when I'm working out quite a bit, but in between I glance at the TVs, like to see others exercising, and of course, some tunes just get ya goin!

I've had a problem recently, my arms are shrinking in length... anyone else experience this?

GrowingBoy

I like to vary the routine. For cardio, I do spinning, or elliptical or treadmill. For weights I do freeweights, or machines or just body weight (the toughest, given how big I am). Keep those muscles surprised, who knows, they might actually respond and get stronger, even if they’re buried under all of this FAT!

PiggiesLove

I listen to music, facebook or pinterest (on my phone), read a book, watch movies, play games.. so much is possible on an exercise bike. I really want to get a treadmill. I like using a stepper but it limits my options more on what I can do to entertain myself.

Barbsjw

My go to exercise is water aerobics. I'm too chubby to use exercise equipment (not really, I'm just less self conscious in a swimsuit vs gym clothes)

Barrett

DM Supporter
I've had a problem recently, my arms are shrinking in length... anyone else experience this?
Weird. I thought I was the only one.
I used to be able to bend forward and touch the floor; now I can barely reach my knees.
No clue what might be causing it.

I have my own weight room in my house (over 700 lbs of Olympic free-weights and various bars, a decent range of kettlebells, and an air-bike), so I just plug my phone (where most of my music resides) into a speaker and go.

Last edited:

Shotha

DM Supporter
Yes, I'm another one with the shrinking arms problem. When I measure my arms, the tape measure says that they're still the same length. I have to lean forward to wash dishes in the kitchen sink and the taps (faucets) are hard to reach. I'm just glad that the tape measure is shrinking too, because that means that I'm not changing.

Group builder