• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Why do female-oriented shows and magazines teach women to dislike their bodies?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KittyKitten

Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy
It seems quite often, when I read a female-oriented magazine, or watch a television talk show geared toward's women, the fashion "advice" tells them to hide their curves. Hide your boobs! Cover your hips and ass! What's up with that? This only seems to occur in westernized media, particularly in the U.S. and Britain.

For example, I was at the car repair shop and the show, "The Talk" was on the television. It's a show that discusses women's issues and gives out health, beauty, and fashion advice. The great singer and actress Lulu was on there giving out advice to women about looking ageless. I was with her until she was lamenting her 'large boobs' and advising women to wear something to cover them up! She also said the same about "bums", to wear longer jackets to hide them. Hide them as if that is a sin to have large buttocks?

To me, this is a sick and twisted type of misogyny often perpetrated by women themselves. Why are we taught to hide our beautiful curves? Why must we tell women not to wear a certain jacket because it shows off their butt? Why not preach about loving your bodies and being proud of what you got? Are we really that advanced?

I refuse to wear a minimizer bra that those "experts" sadly tout to large breasted women. As a matter of fact, I enjoy wearing molded cup brassieres. These babies give my girls some shape underneath clothes! I refuse to wear, long bulky jackets to hide my ample derriere.

It's this shame of women's bodies that I find so disgusting in westernized media. It's no wonder so many women dislike their bodies. It's even more toxic because this crap is spread to the rest of the world even in nations where a woman's body in any shape is considered beautiful and women take pride in their curves. When we have a poor self image of ourselves we tend not to reach our best potential.

Latest posts

Back