• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Wife got critically ill; haven't been able to visit Dim much

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigplaidpants

FAtari
Friends,

I'm afraid this is going to be a quick note drop and off again. I haven't been on Dim in a while and there's friends here I know would want to hear about what's happened.

Magnolia and I took the girls to Michigan for Thanksgiving and just got back last Sunday, Dec 23rd, to Chicago. We've been away from home in the hospital for 4 weeks.

In a nutshell, Magnolia collapsed the Friday after Thanksgiving and we took her to the ER. She was admitted, diagnosed with a rare blood disorder called TTP (Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura). We ended up being in the hospital 4 weeks, with 2 stays in the ICU. It was one of those life-changing experiences...one of those, "I can't believe this is happening to us" kind of things. We've been fighting for her life.

The good news is that, right now, she is home recovering. TTP is a disorder medicine doesn't know a whole lot about. Each case is different. Magnolia's was particularly critical with alot of frightening neurological symptoms. But, all appear to be clearing up. Damage is caused all over the body. Recovery can be months so we're taking one day at a time.

I'm sorry to drop this drama on anyone. There's not much anyone can do. Friends, family, and our spiritual community have overwhelmed us with support and prayers. I just wanted to rear my ugly head and be accountable to my many friends here to explain why I've been absent. We're still "processing" all that's happened in the last 4 weeks. It's been like an existential "stop and take inventory of your lives" type thing.

Hope to see you 'round a bit later
In warmth and hope,
Matt...

Latest posts

Back