• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Winter coats

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweet Tooth

Deep. W i d e.
The last few years, I've just found things at Avenue or some place. There's such a small selection in stores beyond a 3X, it seems. Even when I find them technically in my size, I find they're not really big enough for normal winter clothes underneath [say, a turtleneck sweater in a non-bulky fit and material], let alone warm enough. And those coats from the Avenue got torn to shreds within a couple weeks of getting them. One time, I slid a little on ice when I was getting into my car, so I slid against the car frame a little as I was getting in. Didn't catch it on anything. The most recent one tore in the lining within a week, not to mention that the outer shell shrunk while the lining didn't so I was always pushing the lining back up into my cuffs. I always have to cart along my sweaters for work [my office is freezing] in my bag because I can't wear them under the jackets without being uncomfortable.

Anyway, I finally bit the bullet and bought a couple of coats from Junonia. I got home from work in the coat with the tears and the wonky lining, pulled the coats out of the package while still wearing that nasty ruined one, traded out the coats I was wearing, and just though, "OMG, I love this coat." It's amazing how something that fits properly and does what it's supposed to do makes such a difference in how I feel going out in the world.

These are the coats I got. One is lighter weight [actually warmer than the ones I had from the Avenue] which is fine even right now with warm clothes underneath. The other is meant for true winter. I tried them both on with a bulky cardigan underneath, and it was heaven. I don't know how they'll hold up, but right now I'm one happy and warm BBW.

452264_OM.jpg
452104_OM.jpg

Latest posts

Back