• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Young'n needs help with COVER LETTER

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

love dubh

douchebag reform school
So, here's the deal: I'm applying for the Public Health internship with the National Latina Health Network, and I have to write a cover letter.

Can anyone critique mine?

I know that CL's have things like "I'm dependable, organized, etc etc," but my feelings on that are similar to Tommy Callaghan's feelings on guarantees.

Here it is! :

Dear [Person],

I am writing in response to the list of internship opportunities that you alerted me to. I seek to fill the position of Public Health intern for the summer of 2007 at the National Latina Health Network.
As a second-year undergraduate student at [university] working towards a B.S. in Public Health, I have learned the importance of education and advocacy within a community. In fact, two of the courses I am taking this semester, Sexual Health Advocacy and Health Program Development, both of which are with [professor/contact], have given me the best opportunities to learn about health promotion and advocacy, while allowing me to put that learning into action.
Understanding that a big health concern at any major university is sexual health, I became a Sexual Health Advocate with the [university] Health Services. The SHA program has given me more than the opportunity to work with students from across the five [university] campuses, thereby exposing me to the diversity of our university; it has also allowed me to have a direct and positive impact upon a very important and intimate aspect of students’ lives: their health. My work has included disseminating information on such topics as HIV/AIDS, HPV, correct condom usage, LGBTQ issues, and healthy relationships; engaging in informative and fun role-playing games; and giving away “safer sex” kits. Through these actions, I have been able to greatly improve the sexual health of the Rutgers community.
I want to complement my current advocacy work with volunteer experience in the larger [city's] community. Doing work outside of the student community will make me aware of the needs and wants of a community greatly varied in age, country of origin, and income, among other factors; thus, I will learn more about, and be able to help better, a people whose children I have grown up with. Furthermore, I will become more compassionate, diversify my knowledge/experience base, and really give back to the overarching community that has been my home for the past two years. Finally, experience with health projects such as HIV/AIDS and reproductive rights education and advocacy will give me a base from which I can build when I become a Peace Corps Volunteer after graduation.
I will send an email or call later in the week to see if I have the qualifications and zeal that you are looking for in a Public Health intern. If I have what it takes, then I hope we can schedule an interview or otherwise continue to process that would have me working with you this summer.

Thank you for your consideration,

Me.

Latest posts

Back