• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Are women taught to put down other women down?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not sure how to pose this question exactly or portray my thoughts but based on my own personal observation, it seems more and more that women have a bad habit of judging other women harshly or tearing them down.

Why is this?

As a fat woman, I notice when I got out in public, in say, a tight tank top that I get funny looks, laughs or even out loud insults on my appearance... from women. Men (not counting immature teen like males) for the most part either 1) do not notice me are oblivious to their surroundings 2) ignore me 3)actually look admiringly... smiles and the like. I do not notice negativity coming from men.

I mean, if the majority of women are not looking at other women as a sexual attraction or interest, why are they then so critical of each other's appearance?

Is it about competition? Societal pressure? Learnt habit?

I just do not understand it.

I once worked in an office where I had to stop eating lunch with a group of ladies because every single time and throughout the entire lunch, they would put down other ladies left and right. Making fun of their hair, their clothes, their weight, etc. It was so negative and just left me feeling bleh.:(

Any thoughts or observations of your own?

My thoughts always seem jumbled when I write them down at first. I hope this makes sense ...

Latest posts

Back