Quantcast

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

runningman

I'm not sure if this is the right place to be posting this question but I'm a technical genius in front of a computer (NOT!) and was just wondering if it's easy to set up an avatar. Everybody else on here seems to have one!

I think I've tried before but pics I have on my pc are too big. I'm not sure I want to untidy the place with a pic of me. Lots of you people have cool cartoon images etc. Is there a place you can look at different avatars? Do you have to pay for them?

I haven't posted on this section of the board before. I'm just another FA from the UK that loves this board and loves all the big girls on it. BBWs & SSBBWs Rock! There seems to be no shortage of FAs on here that agree with me but I just thought I'd say it anyway. You can never get enough praise! :)

KuroBara

"She Coo"
Use a photo editing system to resize the pic. I recommend Irfanview. It's free and easy to use. (http://www.Irfanview.com) Once (If) you install it go to image on the menu bar, click resize/resamle and put 100/100 in the box that says "set new size." Uncheck the box at the bottom that says perserves aspect ratio so the image will not try to resize itself. Click OK, and that's that!!

Here is a screenshot:

View attachment Irfanviewcapture.jpg

Happenstance

Cautious Pessimist
Erp. Don't confuse the poor fellow.

The last thing I would want to do is insult your intelligence, Runningman, I post this only to provide an alternate method that goes into a bit more detail. And no downloading of programs needed, just good old MS Paint. (Unless you're running a Mac... in which case I apologize, for you are beyond the realm of my assistance.) Open your picture file. If it opens in something that's not MS Paint, right-click the file, go to 'Open with...' and choose MS Paint.

So there's your picture in its most pure form: the array of pixels. Take up your rectangle select tool, that's the one on the top-right of your tool palette. Hold Ctrl and press A to select the whole picture. Now go to the bottom right corner of the picture: click and hold the corner. You should see two numbers appear in the bottom right corner of your frame. These are the Dimensions of your picture. Erm... dimensions. No capitals. Drag the corner up and to the left until those numbers equal 80 x 80 - that's the limit they impose here, see. Now your picture is within the accepted limit. All you do now is drag the background to match the picture - essentially the same thing you just did, but stretching the white space. Save this, and you have a picture ready for the uploading.

The best place for looking for potential avatars that I can recommend is the ever-popular Google Image Search. From google.com, click 'Images', type whatever your heart desires, and search away. There you are: millions of images you don't have to pay for. You can download any of these onto your computer by right-clicking them and choosing 'Save Image As...'

If you found this post pedantic, you may want to try that program Kuro posted.

runningman

Thanks for your help happenstance. I was able to follow your instructions word for word. I appreciate and need all the help I can get!

AnnMarie

✰cuddly and terrifying✰
Australian Lord said:
I've notice some with a GIF as an av, but I try and upload it, and it says it can't. :(
Check the file size, it still has to be under a certain kb and within the pixel parameters.

missaf

If anyone needs help with these, feel free to PM me and I can do it for yas.

Latest posts