Body hair

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Barbsjw

How does everyone (women especially) feel about their body hair? I shave my legs and 'pits semi-regularly from late spring to early fall (April to October), but I ditch the razor for winter (last awhile here in Vermont), and I leave my bush completely natural.

Last edited:

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I shave my pits, and sometimes my lower legs. I used to shave my thighs too, but seriously, I have so much thigh now it would take forever and I've got better things to do, hah. I keep my downstairs trimmed to be neat and shave my butt crack coz I'm kinda a hairy beast, ahaha.

Tracyarts

I only groom or remove hair above the shoulders. Between genetics, perimenopause, and 20+ years taking Spironolactone, I don't have much in the way of body hair anyway, so what little there is can stay.

Barbsjw

One upside to this crisis: I'd normally be shaving this week for the 1st time in 5 months. I'm gonna need to take a weedwhacker to my 'pits!

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
I have to do a little manscaping tomorrow. Tuesday my doc is doing an examination on a hernia I’ve had for a few years now and she needs to be able to see it! 😳

funny...it was my wife making me manscape in the first place that led to us discovering this hernia in the first place!

Barbsjw

Even though I'm not going out much, decided that the weather was finally nice enough to celebrate by shaving my legs and armpits. DEAR GAWD, I get hairy during the winter! It's a minor miracle it all went down the drain okay!

Last edited:

Jay78

Even though I'm not going out much, decided that the weather was finally nice enough to celebrate by shaving my legs and armpits. DEAR GAWD, I get hairy during the winter! It's a minor miracle it all went down the drain okay!
Legs cold lol, my face was when I shaved me beard!

@DazzlingAnna if I was someone who liked being smooth "down there", it would've been DISASTROUS! :)
I can definitely say after my experience, it would be disastrous. Hair removal and I don't go hand in hand very well. My first attempt at waxing my eyebrows left me with three...one normal size and the other was split in the centre, so I had two baby eyebrow lines above my left eye. Hilarious.

My attempt at waxing my legs was no better. I adhered myself to the floor and also to the newspaper that was to protect the floor. The wax crystallised, so I was picking it off with bits of my skin attached. Hilarious.

The one and ONLY time I attempted to razor "down there", because I'd already set it on fire with hair removal cream, I cut myself and had blood pouring down my leg. DISASTROUS!

Barbsjw

@littlefairywren DAMN!! I've NEVER lived in a warm climate, so I could avoid shaving too much, PLUS as a feminist, I've never been big into shaving anyway.

Last edited:

BigElectricKat

Have a question? PM me!
Staff member
Global Moderator
I mean, I understand about shaving legs, arm pits, and such. I suppose I just took for granted that most American women dealt with it as a part of life. I do concede that your European counterparts are sometimes less inclined t bother with it in some areas. And believe me, it's all good no matter which way you lean. It was just funny it was be reading it from a woman's perspective and how you all described it.

Latest posts