Body hair

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

penguin

Fnord
DM Supporter
DimensionsModel
I haven’t shaved anything in years. It can be nice feeling smooth everywhere, but it’s too much effort and I like my body hair. I did use some of that magic powder stuff on my pubes last year for the guy I was seeing, but I’ve let things go back to natural.

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter
I haven’t shaved anything in years. It can be nice feeling smooth everywhere, but it’s too much effort and I like my body hair. I did use some of that magic powder stuff on my pubes last year for the guy I was seeing, but I’ve let things go back to natural.
How did you find the powder, penguin?
I've used a "sensitive skin" depilatory cream made for that area (supposedly), and it burns like a mother! Maybe I'm overly sensitive though.

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter
I bought it off eBay! It was about $25 for the gold (which apparently doesn’t smell as much as the regular).
I will have a wee look see. I kind of meant how did it work for you? I've yet to find the best method for removing hair there, but I persist because it's a personal preference, although the colder weather is making me reconsider any hair removal at the moment.

penguin

Fnord
DM Supporter
DimensionsModel
I will have a wee look see. I kind of meant how did it work for you? I've yet to find the best method for removing hair there, but I persist because it's a personal preference, although the colder weather is making me reconsider any hair removal at the moment.
lol oops. Once I got the consistency right (it should be a paste), it was easy to apply and came off easily with a damp cloth. I had gloves on during it so it wouldn’t wreck my nails, and given that I started with completely natural it did a decent job.

penguin

Fnord
DM Supporter
DimensionsModel
I didn’t have any ingrown hairs. The regrowth stopped being annoying after the first couple of days. I didn’t pay much attention to how long it took to grow back, but it would’ve been a couple of months ago 😂

Barbsjw

The nice weather inspired me to shave, to celebrate spring. I last shaved mid-pregnancy, so the hormones I've been producing has made me FURRY! It was a mini-production shaving my legs, pits weren't as bad, just tedious.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Whenever I try hair removal creams, they never seem to work, or are patchy. I wish they did work though because shaving always makes my legs bleed and I can't wax.

AuntHen

Chicken Whisperer 🐔
DM Supporter
While everyone is entitled to their own feelings and choices in regards to their personal body hair, I for one just gave up on removing it for the most part (except for my armpits). I also made the decision that if it "grosses out" someone I am dating/considering dating, etc., then they are not for me. If someone tries to tell me that it's bad hygiene, I just remind them that 1) it's natural 2) does that mean all the hairy men have bad hygiene? 🤔😋

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I can't wax due to a combination of super fragile/sensitive skin and, well, I experience pain differently to most people. Usually less than most people, but for some reason, trying to pull out even one of my leg hairs in excruciating. I had laser hair removal on my legs once and it was the most painful experience of my life by far.

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter
While everyone is entitled to their own feelings and choices in regards to their personal body hair, I for one just gave up on removing it for the most part (except for my armpits). I also made the decision that if it "grosses out" someone I am dating/considering dating, etc., then they are not for me. If someone tries to tell me that it's bad hygiene, I just remind them that 1) it's natural 2) does that mean all the hairy men have bad hygiene? 🤔😋
I've had someone complain about my wintery leg fluff, but when I suggested that they shave their own legs, the topic was shut down rather quickly. I do it because I want to, but not because some fella thinks it's what I "should" do.

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter
I can't wax due to a combination of super fragile/sensitive skin and, well, I experience pain differently to most people. Usually less than most people, but for some reason, trying to pull out even one of my leg hairs in excruciating. I had laser hair removal on my legs once and it was the most painful experience of my life by far.
I have the same sensitivity issues, loopy, particularly my lower legs. I've tried to use one of those machines that wrenches the hair out, but I got no further than a five centimetre patch before I could stand it no longer. It felt like my ankle was on fire. I feel your pain, hon. :(

TheShannan

Cats, Dave Grohl and Dr. Phil 🙃
I suffer from hormone and thyroid issues so sometimes I've had to use a little eyebrow razor on my chin even.

Latest posts