Body shape preferences

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Status
Not open for further replies.

landshark

Happy to be part of Dims!
I like a certain shape more so than I do size. I like bigger butts, followed by belly and boobs. If I can get those features I am less concerned about the weight itself, with a preference for bigger.

AmyJo1976

SSBBW & FFA
DM Lifetime Supporting Member
DM Supporter
I also have a preference for bigger, very much so! Be it a man or a woman, bigger is not just better, it's a must for me :D

stampy

DimensionsModel
I'm going to be as tactful as possible here. Saying you don't want to be mean "but" ends up sounding mean. This is a safe space for a heck of a lot of people, some with bodies that others "find to be extremely unappealing" and those remarks come off as extremely insensitive. Please be kind and thoughtful in your responses.
God bless you, @littlefairywren for reminding us all that is is possible to state our preferences in a manner that does not involve dumping on other body types we may not prefer. There is no wrong way to have a body or be fat. We all like what we like, and that is fine. But that doesn't mean you have to malign other bodies that you don't prefer. We are all unique and all our bodies, in their motley and disparate beauty, merit basic human decency and respect. #micdrop

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
Me as a fat woman that might hit the category of being
"extremely unappealing even to FA" because of
"fat kinda hanging off me, unable to distribute my fat properly"
"doubted to be comfortable in my body",

I am going to unwatch this thread. That's the least I can do.

I never thought a thread in a size acceptance community would offend and upset me as much as some posts here did.

op user

A bit late to the show with some remarks done before my second cup of coffee - so be kind.

Here we are:

I am unhappy to see a member, a kind one with good contribution feels upset. It is even worst that as she points out this comes in a size acceptance community where member should support each other. If one reads comments like the one upsetting Dazzling Anna what can we expect in the wide world.

Preferences comes in all shapes and sizes and they are as personal as our finger print or almost. We are blessed with, as most of as live in Western Democracies with limited input from religion, to believe in almost anything we want as long as it is legal and we are free from "dictated positions" in our life. I can't see why it should be much different.

As I was told by a previous boss "one can't control another's person pocket". It has served me well and I think it is applied on other people preferences'. And experience has shown that once restrictions have been imposed they install a very slippery path.

Times and again has shown that women can be nasty to other women. It is not nice.

Let's hope we manage to run a nice thread for Christmas.

Dazzling Anna you have my full support and I am kindly ask you to treat yourself to something nice and forget this thread. It shouldn't be a common position of Dimmers.

jello4me

My preference is for a very heavy woman with a hanging double belly. Very soft fat and a split in the lower belly lobe below the navel. Large boobs are a bonus, and wide hips and butt are a bonus, but it’s all about that big, soft, belly hang for me.

TwoSwords

Large-bellied or round-shaped overall are my favorite figure-types. At least where pure appearance is concerned.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I think you have all said everything that needs to be said about the negativity in this. I've tried to explain to that person several times that the attitude is incorrect and there is no such thing as a person who nobody finds attractive. Seeing some of my favourite Dims people upset leaves a very sour taste in my mouth on what was supposed to be a fun thread.

I've said it before and I will say it again; if you can't say something nice then hold your tongue. Putting other people down makes you look insecure and gross. Everybody has a right to talk about sizes/shapes they don't like (heck, I did earlier in this thread) but you can do it without being an ass.

I'd take a person with a body type I'm not super into over a person that puts people down any day.

FatBarbieDoll

One of the great things about there being seven billion people on the planet is that, as clichéd as it sounds, there's someone for everyone. No matter the body/personality type, someone will like it. I do not think there's anything wrong with anyone saying they do not find such and such type attractive. No names are named, no fingers pointed. I could just as easily say, well I don't find short hair attractive. Same thing.
Thank you. I had no desire or intent to be mean and I’m sorry if I hurt anyone’s feelings.

FatBarbieDoll

FatBarbieDoll said:
I won’t mention names because I don’t want to be mean but I have seen other fat women who have a fat distribution I find to be extremely unappealing. They are very large women but, for example, have small and/or flat booties and/or massive hanging bellies that are down to the knees and/or lopsided.
# # #

I can agree with this one. Or they have no shape and the fat kinda hangs off them. As I mentioned in another thread, this latter seems to happen most when someone puts on weight later in life for some reason. Or when the person has a small skeletal structure, and they are thus unable to distribute fat properly.
So, I guess my post came across as mean-spirited. Sorry. How does skeletal structure play a role?

FatBarbieDoll

One of the great things about there being seven billion people on the planet is that, as clichéd as it sounds, there's someone for everyone. No matter the body/personality type, someone will like it. I do not think there's anything wrong with anyone saying they do not find such and such type attractive. No names are named, no fingers pointed. I could just as easily say, well I don't find short hair attractive. Same thing.
Hm...now here is where I might disagree because there isn’t nearly the stigma for women having short hair as there is for being fat.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I'm shutting down this thread, this is going nowhere.

I saw what you wrote before you edited it, FBD. As did several other people.

BigElectricKat

Staff member
Global Moderator
I prefer bodies that are in proportion.

I’m not an FA but, if I were, there are certain body shapes I’d likely never find to be attractive and be hesitant at best to date someone who has one.

I won’t mention names because I don’t want to be mean but I have seen other fat women who have a fat distribution I find to be extremely unappealing...and I believe even most FAs would agree.

They are very large women but, for example, have small and/or flat booties and/or massive hanging bellies that are down to the knees and/or lopsided.

I’ve seen other fat women who appear to be average-sized to maybe mild to moderately obese at best overall but then have long, oval-shaped bellies that touch the knees and I’m highly skeptical that is comfortable.

Honestly, seeing them makes me feel a bit grateful for having a proportionate fat body. I think I would feel much worse about myself if I were still fat but had a shape like one I mentioned above.
This is quite the odd post for this thread. It asked "what are your preferences" not "what are your dislikes". It's one thing to tell what you like but another to bash others whom you feel are undesirable. Perhaps keep that to yourself in this instance. If putting down others is what makes you feel good about yourself, this probably isn't the place for that.

BigElectricKat

Staff member
Global Moderator
FatBarbieDoll said:
I won’t mention names because I don’t want to be mean but I have seen other fat women who have a fat distribution I find to be extremely unappealing. They are very large women but, for example, have small and/or flat booties and/or massive hanging bellies that are down to the knees and/or lopsided.
# # #

I can agree with this one. Or they have no shape and the fat kinda hangs off them. As I mentioned in another thread, this latter seems to happen most when someone puts on weight later in life for some reason. Or when the person has a small skeletal structure, and they are thus unable to distribute fat properly.
Again, not the intent of the thread. Talk about what you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts