• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Disgusted by Maury!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veggieforever

High Carb Low Fat Vegan
This morning I was enjoying breakfast and channel flipping when I stumbled across Maury. The episode was "stop my 49 year old dad from marrying a 20 year old cheater" (but thats not the story of interest). A 21 year old man was accused of cheating on his 41 year old partner and when his female partner of 400lbs approximately walked out onto stage the camera focussed in on one audience member (a very conventionally beautiful female) who was howling with laughter, screeching, screaming, almost in tears from making a real drama of the fuller figured female form that had just walked out onto the stage for a good 15 seconds or so of air time - which was far too long for comfort for my liking! I had never seen a tv show edited in such a way to make an innocent someone look so foolish. The whole audience were in an uproar of hilarity and I sat there in my own home, so offended and deeply angry because if she were a non heavy set female there would not have been the need to guffaw as the audience did. It was so rude and I didnt think that kind of editing would be allowed. I guess my point is, when did it become ok for daytime tv shows to mock a person so directly, so openly, so disgustingly and in such an unforgiving "straight to your face" kind of way (I watch Maury shows and know the audiences laugh, snicker and snort but this mornings episode was just a step too far in fat shaming for my liking) and also the editing of shows be nothing more than a viehicle to make a normal, hard working person look nothing more than a worthless idiot and glorify the bullies because that is how this episode segment certainly appeared to me.

Back