Quantcast

Downton Abbey on PBS

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?
I'm so, so into Downton Abbey. I was late to the party and thank the Gods for Netflix streaming as I was able to watch the entire first season there and now I'm catching up on season two on PBS.org (available only until March 6!). I guess the finale aired this past Sunday. So yeah, I'm way late.

I find so many aspects of the story fascinating - the study of social classes but the love stories too, and I love the character development, the costumes. I'm absolutely enthralled and wish I had started watching when it began. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle waiting for season three. Thank goodness I still have some Walking Dead and soon Breaking Bad in between. I watch way too much tv. :rolleyes::)

Who else is into it? What do you love best? Favorite characters?

Please warn of any story spoilers in your reply - thanks!

Gingembre

radar detector
I love Downton Abbey and I would just like to put it out there that Highclere Castle (where they film the show) is approximately 15mins drive from my house. Coz I am posh and english, yo! :D

PamelaLois

ILL-INI
I discovered this show when I got my Kindle Fire and could use the streaming video app. LOVE IT! My favorite character is Mr. Bates. I just think he's adorable. I haven't seen any of the second season yet, I hope PBS reruns it this spring so I can DVR it.

Gingembre, I'm jealous you live near Highclere Castle. Have you ever been there? Because you are posh and British, and all..........

But really, I ask because I know that some of the large homes are open to public tours. That estate is magnificent.

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?
You can download the free PBS app and watch season two through your mobile device, but only through March 6th.

I have to agree with you about Mr. Bates. He is adorable. I'm kind of loving Mr. Carson lately too.

BigBrwnSugar1

I live for Downton Abbey - I was so disappointed that the season ended so soon. I can not wait for Season 3. Be sure to go on PBS.org as they have some great stuff on there like this:
http://video.pbs.org/video/2196625085

Gingembre: I'm also extremely jealous that you live so close to Highclere Castle - I would have been there faster than you can imagine!!!

Hurry Season 3!!!!! :wubu:

Long Live Downton Abbey!!!!

Gingembre

radar detector
I've been there, beautiful view.
You have?! That the devil were you doing round here?!

Gingembre, I'm jealous you live near Highclere Castle. Have you ever been there? Because you are posh and British, and all..........

But really, I ask because I know that some of the large homes are open to public tours. That estate is magnificent.
Hehe, I'm not posh. I have visited...we went a few times when I was a child - they have concerts in the gardens sometimes and the secret garden (used in the 90s film, The Secret Garden) is there as well. Nowadays the estate is open to the public a lot less often than it used to be and, as a result of that and the success of DA, when I took my cousin last xmas, it was HEAVING. Going around the house was essentially shuffling in a big queue. Nightmare!