• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Eat some fruit!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoldenDelicious

It's the naughty step 4U!
This is a wee rant about an infuriating incident that happened to me a while ago. I came to my mind as I was replying to a previous post.

Has anyone ever been in a sitatuation where people have wrongly assumed that as you are a fat person that you DO NOT eat a healthy diet?

This happened to me in a previous job, as staff were changing over shifts a colleague said to me, "I have this bag of fruit that I didn't eat today, would you like it?" Her fruit looked bruised and not very fresh so I politely declined and said I had brought my own packed lunch. To which she replied, "Go On, Eat something healthy for a change". I was shocked at her ignorance and all I could say was, "I do eat healthy", To which she looked puzzled and say, "do you?" In a very disbelieveing tone. I was so angry and embarrassed I could have cried with temper.

As I have said once before, I have a Higher National Certificate in Health and Fitness, which includes an education in food, diet, nutrition and exercise. I could have told her that her part rotting fruit might ferment in my stomach and give me the runs but being a polite person I spared her feelings, silly me.

My partner Mergirl and I both eat very well, and by very well I mean food full of goodness and nourishment. I won't sit here and lie and say that I do not overindulge because I obviously do,however I am in no way malnourished and eat fresh fruit and vegetables every single day. We are both vegetarians who eat fish (Mergirl just shouted Pescatarian, she's so pedantic) and being educated as I am I know that this is a very healthy diet. We eat the goodies too ( me more than her) because I'm worth It, haha. Seriously though, it truly pisses me off when people assume us fat girls only eat junk food or don't live healthily. What gets me even more angry is people who asume fat people are lazy, of which I am not. Mergirl will tell you I exercise more than her, while she plays her guitar, writes and studies I am very active in my job and often in my spare time too. If you'd like a list of my activities I'd me more than happy to share, lol.

Any way, tell me the misunderstandings people have had about you because of your size.

Latest posts

Back