• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Fat Charity

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonvine

Queen of Contempt
Something I have been thinking about lately...

I do a lot of taking pet food and supplies to areas that have been hit by natural disasters. One thing I have found that they generally desperately need is large sized underwear (sizes 16 and up. Obviously new and not used - you'd be surprised what people try to donate). When I am out shopping for myself and find large sized underwear on sale I try to grab some cheaply to keep on hand to donate.

Once I had occasion to stay in a battered women's shelter. I had my own clothes but everything was dirty when I arrived and I had nothing clean to sleep in, and they had nothing for me - and I was at least 75 lbs smaller than I am now and probably smaller than that, maybe a size 18 or so. So again I try to find underwear and nightgowns at cheap prices to donate (I tend to wear my clothes until they are absolutely falling apart or I would donate some of them as well). (I also donate other stuff but right now I am just thinking of fat specific stuff).

My favorite favorite is to shop on Ebay and other sites for used or new formal gowns in sizes 16 plus and donate them to The Glass Slipper Project. I didn't go to my prom and can't have children so I feel like a big fat fairy godmother every year.

Anyone practice fat charity? What do you do?

Latest posts

Back