Fat Girl Angle Shots

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Shosh

Susannah
Of course you do, dear. :rolleyes:

You completely missed the point.

There are many things you can hide yourself in, whether or not you use 'FGA', or not. Makeup, any item of clothing, hair, etc.

I prefer to judge someone on their words and actions, rather than pics. I know, I'm just crazy that way.

Oh, and I'm not taking about dating sites. There's bound to be disappointment if you do not fully disclose what you look like.

I didn't miss your opinion ( point), I just made my point ( Opinion).

No need to be condescending using the word dear either.

:rolleyes: Back at you.

LoveBHMS

default title
It's precisely your use of the word "better" above, and all of the baggage and ideals of beauty implied by that term (that are by no means static), that I am taking issue with. I think it's important to question what people think looks "good" and what makes them look "better" in a picture.

I meant looks better in the opinion of whomever is being photographed. If the above mentioned woman wears a push up bra to look bustier, it's because she prefers looking that way. Looking "better" is subjective anyway, because some people like big boobs and some don't.

And you really think it's "important to question what people think looks good"? Why?

LovelyLiz

I meant looks better in the opinion of whomever is being photographed. If the above mentioned woman wears a push up bra to look bustier, it's because she prefers looking that way. Looking "better" is subjective anyway, because some people like big boobs and some don't.

And you really think it's "important to question what people think looks good"? Why?

I can't say it any better than Butch did in her eloquent post above, as to why it can be important to question where our ideas about what looks "good" come from...so instead of reinventing the wheel, here is her post again (I bolded what I thought directly related to this question):

Beauty, like other human 'values,' is a powerful tool of control. As fat people who want to change prevalent views of fatness, we should be thinking critically about our aesthetic beliefs, if for no other reason than because one of the strongest ways that fat people are devalued in western culture is through the shared belief that fatness=ugly.

I've no doubt that the Fat Girl Angle does make people look 'better,' as I've responded to these pictures in similar ways. However, I don't think that such a reaction is something I shouldn't challenge, and it is a reaction that I think we should at least be aware of as a reaction that is problematic if we embrace the fat=beautiful mantra at all.

Be clear, I'm not saying we should or must change our behavior or our investment in beauty ideals, but we should be aware of how we've come to accept dominant ideas of beauty, and what effect they have on our lives beyond how good we look in a photograph.

As history and anthropology can attest(as well as some of our vocal male FAs :)), in other eras and places fatness is an aesthetic ideal, and in those places, I'm guessing thin people would be striving for a different kind of Fat Girl Angle shot.

Jes

is oddly aroused
It's precisely your use of the word "better" above, and all of the baggage and ideals of beauty implied by that term (that are by no means static), that I am taking issue with. I think it's important to question what people think looks "good" and what makes them look "better" in a picture. !

thank you.

Weirdo890

I don't any of the women on here should have to use The Fat Girl Angle Shots. You are all beautiful and you should all flaunt every part of you. Don't hide what you were given. There, I said my piece. :happy:

mszwebs

For The WIN.
This thread makes me very angry, because it has basically started to imply anyone who takes a Myspace/Fat Girl angle pic is a "bad fatty" (tisk tisk) for succumbing to societies dictates and trying to be as skinny as possible in said pictures.

Bull ****.

I don't care what society says. I expose my arms and wear tubetops and bikinis and what the **** ever. Ain't no hiding I'm fat and I'm not trying to.

But implying that I'm clearly in hate with myself because I don't want to look like a straight up circle in a pic, as I have a round SHAPED face, and choose to add an angle, Fat Girl or Myspace or Other not withstanding, is rather self righteous.

Fine. I've questioned why I look more beautiful in one picture and less beautiful in another like the thread has asked me to do. I'm aware of how society's standard of beauty has had its foot on my neck and just how long I had to struggle to break its fucking ankle. MY opinion is the only one that counts when it comes to my own beauty.

So...I've done all that. So now that I've asked the question... don't tell me my answer is wrong.

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
This thread makes me very angry, because it has basically started to imply anyone who takes a Myspace/Fat Girl angle pic is a "bad fatty" (tisk tisk) for succumbing to societies dictates and trying to be as skinny as possible in said pictures.

Bull ****.

I don't care what society says. I expose my arms and wear tubetops and bikinis and what the **** ever. Ain't no hiding I'm fat and I'm not trying to.

But implying that I'm clearly in hate with myself because I don't want to look like a straight up circle in a pic, as I have a round SHAPED face, and choose to add an angle, Fat Girl or Myspace or Other not withstanding, is rather self righteous.

applause_orwell.gif

(just tuning in to this thread, and there's probably plenty more people who are just as deserving of that. I'm just not there yet.)

RJI

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses
I always thought women took those really high up downward pictures to show the face and cleavage... I know bad dirty thinking man :)

SocialbFly

I am keeping Tina!
I dont think the angle makes anyone a "bad fatty" but i do happen to think that it IS us following what society says is good/bad...but those thoughts are so pervasive, it is hard not to be effected by them...

LovelyLiz

Bull ****.

Fine. I've questioned why I look more beautiful in one picture and less beautiful in another like the thread has asked me to do. I'm aware of how society's standard of beauty has had its foot on my neck and just how long I had to struggle to break its fucking ankle. MY opinion is the only one that counts when it comes to my own beauty.

So...I've done all that. So now that I've asked the question... don't tell me my answer is wrong.

Thanks MsZwebs, I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts on this. And I really agree that the important thing is to ask the question and be aware - not to stop taking any particular kind of shot. That clarification is really helpful.

That's really all I want from the discussion, is to hear people's POV on why they use it, why they like it, or why they don't - and for people who maybe haven't thought about it, it gives them a chance to do so. You obviously already have, and that's cool. I didn't mean to imply that anyone who's thought about it needs to stop using it or they'd be a "bad fatty" - and I'm sorry if it came across that way. But I still do think it's important for someone to think it through - but once they have, I'm not invested in the outcome, you know?

On a separate note but related to this overall thread, I guess I think about the reality that people who know and love me view me from all kinds of angles in real life (including the one we're talking about, since I'm a shorty...lol...but also from all kinds of "unflattering" angles) - and it's been important *for me* to realize that all those angles are truly a part of me that people see regularly, and that they (well some of them!) still find me attractive or beautiful or un-hideous or whatever. But do I like and post up every pic of myself that ever comes up? Hell no. But I also try to make peace with the fact that I actually *do* look that way in some moments, and the world doesn't end. :) That's just my own process, and to be clear I'm not saying anyone else has to be this way, just sharing my own thoughts.

mszwebs

For The WIN.
I dont think the angle makes anyone a "bad fatty" but i do happen to think that it IS us following what society says is good/bad...but those thoughts are so pervasive, it is hard not to be effected by them...

But seriously...EVERYTHING is an effect of society saying good and bad.

We eat at McDonald's because the commercials tell us it is good. We read the books on the NY Times best seller's list. We read reviews for movies and shows and music.

This is splitting hairs.

If it is important to YOU (and I mean general you, not you Dianna specifically)to make sure that you're thumbing your nose at society by posting pictures of yourself that may or may not fit conventional society's idea of attractive, then please do.

But it's not your or my place to tell someone that they're submitting to society's will by posting a Myspace Angle.

WHO REALLY CARES??

Why should I have to emphasize my fat any more than I should have to hide it...just to please THIS section of society, as opposed to the general population??

Why can't I just take the pictures I want to take of myself because I think I look good - at whatever angle - and comfortable posting them here or anywhere else, and NOT have to worry that I'm being psycho-analyzed or worse, that I'm some sort of failure to the fat community.

mszwebs

For The WIN.
Thanks MsZwebs, I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts on this. And I really agree that the important thing is to ask the question and be aware - not to stop taking any particular kind of shot. That clarification is really helpful.

That's really all I want from the discussion, is to hear people's POV on why they use it, why they like it, or why they don't - and for people who maybe haven't thought about it, it gives them a chance to do so. You obviously already have, and that's cool. I didn't mean to imply that anyone who's thought about it needs to stop using it or they'd be a "bad fatty" - and I'm sorry if it came across that way. But I still do think it's important for someone to think it through - but once they have, I'm not invested in the outcome, you know?

On a separate note but related to this overall thread, I guess I think about the reality that people who know and love me view me from all kinds of angles in real life (including the one we're talking about, since I'm a shorty...lol...but also from all kinds of "unflattering" angles) - and it's been important *for me* to realize that all those angles are truly a part of me that people see regularly, and that they (well some of them!) still find me attractive or beautiful or un-hideous or whatever. But do I like and post up every pic of myself that ever comes up? Hell no. But I also try to make peace with the fact that I actually *do* look that way in some moments, and the world doesn't end. :) That's just my own process, and to be clear I'm not saying anyone else has to be this way, just sharing my own thoughts.

Haha... exactly. Anyone taller... all they SEE is the FGA ;)

LoveBHMS

default title
I'm an FFA and i really love double chins on fat guys. I'm not even sure why I just do.

I know two male FA who absolutely go crazy over double chins on fat women. That having been said there have been many posts on here about Kelligrrl stating that her hotness factor came from being 400+ pounds but having a skinny face. Apparently in some cases society has been unsuccessful in telling some of us what is appealing.

If you ask FAs why they like fatties, you'll get dozens of different answers ranging from "don't know why just always found it hot" to "fat women are super feminine" to "fat men are so big and powerful and make me feel tiny and feminine by comparison". There are FFA who go balistic over moobs and FFA who think that fat stored in the chest area is a female characteristic and they don't like it at all. Among male FA, you can find an unending range of turnons from the guys who read the thread on fat arms pictures to guys who love apple shaped girls who tend to have fairly thin arms. A cursory look at popular paysite girls shows that men like everything from an exagerated pear shape to SS all-over to smaller plumpers to 600 pound hourglasses.

My point is that ones sense of aesthetics isn't necessarily all down to what society says is good. Sometimes you just like what you like.

Reactions: Ivy

mszwebs

For The WIN.
I'm an FFA and i really love double chins on fat guys. I'm not even sure why I just do.

I know two male FA who absolutely go crazy over double chins on fat women. That having been said there have been many posts on here about Kelligrrl stating that her hotness factor came from being 400+ pounds but having a skinny face. Apparently in some cases society has been unsuccessful in telling some of us what is appealing.

If you ask FAs why they like fatties, you'll get dozens of different answers ranging from "don't know why just always found it hot" to "fat women are super feminine" to "fat men are so big and powerful and make me feel tiny and feminine by comparison". There are FFA who go balistic over moobs and FFA who think that fat stored in the chest area is a female characteristic and they don't like it at all. Among male FA, you can find an unending range of turnons from the guys who read the thread on fat arms pictures to guys who love apple shaped girls who tend to have fairly thin arms. A cursory look at popular paysite girls shows that men like everything from an exagerated pear shape to SS all-over to smaller plumpers to 600 pound hourglasses.

My point is that ones sense of aesthetics isn't necessarily all down to what society says is good. Sometimes you just like what you like.

Yes. Totally. Exactly. Ahhhhhhrrrrrrgh. (picture one of those Princess Diaries moments - or any other teen movie - where the main girl is talking to their cat/stuffed animal/best friend and end up flopping backwards on their bed, making that noise with a pillow covering their face.)

If that made no sense, I really don't care at this point lol.

Latest posts