• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Fatty liver

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wistful

I don't believe I've ever seen a post on this topic and as someone who was recently diagnosed with a fatty/enlarged liver I would like to start one.I understand that this is supposed to be a fairly common ailment amongst the "obese"(hate this term!) but I actually know very little about it.

They found out my liver is fatty and a bit enlarged by accident.During the late summer I was hospitalized for close to two days because of a heart scare.I was having palpitations and a racing heart and they decided to keep me over night because both my weight and the fact that my father dropped dead of a heart attack at 55 made them think that something could potentially be wrong.I went through a whole battery of tests and it turned out (thank God!) that my heart is in very good shape and that a combination of wellbutrin and caffeine was causing my issues.During the testing they discovered that my liver enzymes were raised and they told me I needed to investigate this.

About a month ago I had an abdominal sonogram and yesterday I was told that while my enzymes were only slightly raised and nothing to worry about,my liver is fatty and enlarged and that I must lose weight.Now, this doctor was not mean or nasty in any way,shape or form but she kept trying to impress upon me the importance of slowish but steady weight loss for the treatment of this illness.What she didn't really want to hear was that in the past 17 weeks I've already lost 38 pounds due to a change in my eating habits.I'm not really capable of losing at a faster rate,if I had a better metabolism I wouldn't have weighed 400ish pounds in the first place.She's insisting I go to a dietician and I've agreed though frankly I don't know how useful this will be.I've also gotten a referral to an endocrinologist.

I've also read on-line that liver issues could be related to "syndrome x" or a whole host of other issues that thankfully I currently don't have such as high blood pressure,cholesterol issues,high blood sugar etc.Does anyone else have fatty liver? How do you deal with it and does weight loss really help it? Is there a special diet you're supposed to eat? Any tips suggestions or stories would be appreciated! I guess I'm having a hard time with this because this is the first time that my size has had any sort of truly negative impact on my health.

Latest posts

Back