• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Forgiveness

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

southernfa

As I noted on the Domestic Violence thread, there are some things in my past that still get on my goat. To put it mildly.
For years this bothered me. I found it very difficult to forgive and forget, especially when the poor behaviour was (and remains) ongoing, and rather beat myself up about it.
Last year I went along to a talk on forgiveness and the speaker waxed long and lyrical about it's curative powers and I slunk lower and and lower in my seat. But then, when questioned, he took the position that there can be no forgiveness where there is no genuine apology or contrition. There is literally nothing to forgive, no possibility or grounds for a genuine reconciliation.
That made sense to me and I sat up again. So these days, I don't worry too much about forgiveness, since those people have no intention of changing, and simply get on with my life and keep them out of it as much as possible.

But I am curious. What do you think? Is it possible to find forgiveness without there being contrition?

Latest posts

Back