Going Camping

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

HDANGEL15

GREATFUL
I am heading to Watkins Glen this weekend for SUPER BALL IX- a wild weekend of PHISH!!! I am gong solo and tent camping...I usually go with my friends w/pop-ups or RV; hence i can plug in everything.....

BUT my phone charger doesn't work with my car turned off...

any easy ideas how to use my phone charger, computer charger, a blender ...do I need a small genny?

CleverBomb

On Space Out
I am heading to Watkins Glen this weekend for SUPER BALL IX- a wild weekend of PHISH!!! I am gong solo and tent camping...I usually go with my friends w/pop-ups or RV; hence i can plug in everything.....

BUT my phone charger doesn't work with my car turned off...

any easy ideas how to use my phone charger, computer charger, a blender ...do I need a small genny?
Depending on how much space you have available (I'm assuming you're car-camping), they have those jump-start battery combination devices. They're essentially a motorcycle battery with jumper cables, a 110V cord to recharge the battery, and often cigarette lighter outlets and occasionally a flashlight built in.

Something of the sort plus a 12VDC to 120VAC inverter would work.

If you do that, try it out with your expected electrical loads a few days before you go, so you have an idea how long it will last.

-Rusty