• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Guess I'll jump in with both feet!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesky

I introduced myself briefly last night, but I didn't know how to start posting so I thought I would just jump in feet first...

I have been fat almost my whole life. Currently, I am 5'9" and weigh about 360 pounds. The rest of my family ranges from average to a little heavy. I feel like the black sheep of the family. I don't like myself.

Last week at work my boss pulled me aside and berated me for almost an hour. She said that I was fat and unhealthy and looked like a slob. She said she didn't want unhealthy people working for her. And because I am extremely overweight that I am a liability because I am more prone to hurting myself.

I felt humiliated.

We don't work in fashion or clothing. I work at a baby store. I sell furniture and carseats and bottles. And I am good at what I do. But she made me feel like I am a bad person because I am fat.

So I guess I feel like I am a bad person because I let other people make me feel that way. How do I learn to like myself and not care what others say? I know I hide behind my humor, but I also know that I can act gruff and unfriendly so that people don't interact with me. I am an animal nut, and I think that is also a way that I hide with "people" I know won't hurt or judge me.

I was going to post a picture of myself, but realized I don't really have any. I try to stay behind the camera and when I do get in front of one, I try to keep it from the neck up. But I did find a couple.

Thanks for listening.

meandclovie.jpg
sillyme.jpg

mestuffsaddle.jpg

Latest posts

Back