Guy's Skills/Hobbies Thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

imfree

In Remembrance
Basically done! Just have to do the decal for the logo and a few other things. Now that I know it works I'm going to upgrade the pickups, even though it looks killer with these. I prefer Duncans, these are GFS. If I can use this for my next CD, that will be the ultimate in DIY! :)
That instrument looks amazing!!!

LeoGibson

Happy
Basically done! Just have to do the decal for the logo and a few other things. Now that I know it works I'm going to upgrade the pickups, even though it looks killer with these. I prefer Duncans, these are GFS. If I can use this for my next CD, that will be the ultimate in DIY! :)
That is one sick looking axe!! \m/ :D

Have you tried or heard any of the Bare Knuckle pups? They have a killer sound that would complement an axe like that, however they are quite pricey.

MattB

Epicurean
That instrument looks amazing!!!
Thanks! I did the logo decal last week, just have to find time to take some real glamour pics.

That is one sick looking axe!! \m/ :D

Have you tried or heard any of the Bare Knuckle pups? They have a killer sound that would complement an axe like that, however they are quite pricey.
Thanks! Heard, but not tried the Bare Knuckles. I did end up putting the SDs in, and they sound perfect! I switched pickups around in three of my guitars to free up the SH-4 I wanted in the bridge of this one and it worked like a charm. I'm going to try tracking with it once I get the intonation settled. The maple neck is way thicker than any of my other axes, but I'm getting used to it. :)

Mordecai

The fire is coming for us
I collect video games, read books (bizarro is my current genre du jour) and seem to be on an instrumental hip hop/IDM (shit acronym/name) listening kick.

imfree

In Remembrance
...snipped... to test and evaluate. He's a 20+ year veteran in the field of VLF, has a great location that's monitored continuously via radio link to his house, and knows loop receivers very well! I can't travel, so this client's evaluation is an opportunity of a lifetime for me!!!

...snipped...
The VLF guy opened his package and began to test his VLF Scout receiver today. He called today and in a 2 hour conversation, that resembled 2 brothers catching up on things, mentioned how overwhelmed he was with my receiver's ability to receive better on its 10" X 10" loop than his other loop receivers did, using far larger loops! Meeting a cherished new friend is as rich as it gets in this line of work!

ColeR91

Like many here I love instruments. I've been playing bass for 4 years & guitar for nearly 3 years. I'm currently trying to teach myself to sing however I think I should just give in & get lessons. I hope to learn drums in the near future, & the keyboard & cello at some point. I never see music become more then a hobby in my life, but I also can't see myself dropping it. I do wish I had started learning early then at 16 years old though.

imfree

In Remembrance
Like many here I love instruments. I've been playing bass for 4 years & guitar for nearly 3 years. I'm currently trying to teach myself to sing however I think I should just give in & get lessons. I hope to learn drums in the near future, & the keyboard & cello at some point. I never see music become more then a hobby in my life, but I also can't see myself dropping it. I do wish I had started learning early then at 16 years old though.
Welcome to Dimensions Forums and thanks for posting about your hobby. Music, IMHO, is one of the best!

deanbpm

I collect video games, read books (bizarro is my current genre du jour) and seem to be on an instrumental hip hop/IDM (shit acronym/name) listening kick.
Big in to IDM myself and I agree, shit name.

WhiteHotRazor

Time Travelling
chess is badass and definitely not nerdy, I can't play chess because when i do I start having dreams about it and get super obsessed with it

imfree

In Remembrance
Well Guys, I did get that subwoofer cabinet out of the closet last night. ...snipped...

...using the Dayton Audio SD270A-88, Parts Express 298-486, dual voice-coil 10" subwoofer. The modestly priced woofer, at $32.00, plus shipping, delivers a mind-blowing accurate, powerful bass!...snipped...
After a few months of use, I've developed a real fondness for the natural, uncompressed, power of a real, unprocessed, electric bass guitar, as I've seen, heard, and felt on many great You Tube video's. This Dutchman's channel, infusion26, is unbelievable!!! His playing, instrument, and audio capture are, hands down, the best I've found on You Tube!!!

View attachment Bass infusion26 wb md.jpg

View attachment S woof new front wb md.jpg

shandyman

I collect fossils and read lots of Sci-fi watch films and lots and lots of music.
One of my biggest passions are cars and motorsports. I am about to train to become a motorsports marshal at racetracks (best way I can get up close and personal to race cars for free). I also have a strong desire to have a whole host of old and classic cars, old Jaguars, Porsches and Landrovers are what I usually go for, although at the moment my bank balance wont allow for it.
My family have a small farm and I spend many hours there helping with the animals and constant maintenance that needs to be done.
When I need to get away from it all I tend to head to the hills and go camping and looking for fossils

imfree

In Remembrance
I collect fossils and read lots of Sci-fi watch films and lots and lots of music.
One of my biggest passions are cars and motorsports. I am about to train to become a motorsports marshal at racetracks (best way I can get up close and personal to race cars for free). I also have a strong desire to have a whole host of old and classic cars, old Jaguars, Porsches and Landrovers are what I usually go for, although at the moment my bank balance wont allow for it.
My family have a small farm and I spend many hours there helping with the animals and constant maintenance that needs to be done.
When I need to get away from it all I tend to head to the hills and go camping and looking for fossils
Welcome to these forums and to my Guy's Hobby Thread, Shandyman. Looks like you're into some really cool stuff!

imfree

In Remembrance
After a few months of use, I've developed a real fondness for the natural, uncompressed, power of a real, unprocessed, electric bass guitar, as I've seen, heard, and felt on many great You Tube video's. This Dutchman's channel, infusion26, is unbelievable!!! His playing, instrument, and audio capture are, hands down, the best I've found on You Tube!!!
I forgot to post a link to the Guy's channel. Here's on of him doing a bass cover of Dutch group Golden Earring's Radar Love.

Snif f 'n' The Tears-Driver's Seat

imfree

In Remembrance
I've been out, mending the fence of my big cyberranch, Tenn. Loop Ranch. I recently bought this Tripp Lite Internet 750U UPS from an ebay seller. Output voltage jitter looked a bit disturbing on my light bulb test load, so I went over it real well on the bench and contacted Tripp Lite before placing the UPS in service. Every ranch needs a good fence to keep the stock in and the varmits out. Granted my surge fence is electrical, but it does keep varmits and vermin from entering via power and phone lines!

View attachment Surge fence tenn loop ranch wb lg.jpg

Latest posts