Half-bald or fully bald?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tad

mostly harmless
I'm not sure if this is better here or in the Lounge or the Fashion board, but I did it here given that I'm not thin, and that may change how people look at it.

I'm essentially half bald these days. For a few years I've periodically shaven off the remaining fluff from the front and top of my head.....and these days the 'top' now stretches some distance onto the back. The sides and the rest of the back I've kept at a moderate length, not a brush cut, long enough to be able to brush it, but not long by any means. In the winter months my hair is fairly deep brown, contrasting pretty strongly with very white skin (in the summer my hair turns more golden brown, and my skin tans fairly brown, so the contrast is not so strong).

I'm wondering if it is time to just shave it all off? I used to love my hair and even be a bit vain about it, but it has been on its way out for long enough that I'm getting used to the inevitable.

What do you think, does bald look better or worse than half-bald? Does it look better on some skulls than others, and if so which kinds?

BLUEeyedBanshee

Ministry of Truth
As long as you don't have a lumpy head bald will look great...IMHO.

My guy is shaving it all off with a few co-workers in April. I'm wondering how his head looks sans hair. Should be fun. ;)

WhiteHotRazor

Time Travelling
I can't speak for you, but me personally if I ever lose my hair to that point I will shave it all off.

Esther

Queen Black Acid
Dude, look at it this way... if you shave it all off and decide you don't like the bald look, just grow it back!

olwen

Disco Bear
Fully bald all the way. I think a shiny head is sexier than half of one. I feel like half a head of hair seems kind of impotent and a fully bald head is more triumphant somehow...

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
Everyone will want to touch your head.

If you can live with this, lose the hair :D

Tad

mostly harmless
Wow, pretty unanimous so far......interesting. I've been thinking about this, but was hesitant. Maybe once it warms up a bit more (my head gets cold already, given that we don't keep the house very warm) I'll give it a try.

Everyone will want to touch your head.

If you can live with this, lose the hair :D
Eh, I've already got friends and co-workers who have gone for the nearly-bald buzz-cut, so I don't think I'll get much touching. Although it would be interesting to see if head touching is nearly as nice as fingers through hair? I'm thinking not, but who knows.

Tania

Disneyland Bobsled Team
I don't care either way, as long as whatever's left is cut pretty short. Doesn't have to be buzzed, but it shouldn't be hangy, either.

Cors

Delurking
Completely shaved!

It does feel good when people stroke your bald scalp, mmm. Makes me want to shave mine again but I get way too cold.

WillSpark

King Of The Robo-Sluts
I love my hair. There, another thign for the confessions board. But I've come to face the fact that when I become middle-aged, I will be going bald. Every single male (plus a few females) in my family that I'm biologically related to are or are partially balding. I don't look good with a shaved head, due to some other problems like moles/childhood scars/etc, and I don't look good in hats. Damn that day's gonna suck....

Oh wait...I didn't answer the question. :p
Well, if you don't have head problems like mine I say go for the clean look. Ask Ninja, he knows about that. :D

PolarKat

Digital Sun tanning
I'm wondering if it is time to just shave it all off? I used to love my hair and even be a bit vain about it, but it has been on its way out for long enough that I'm getting used to the inevitable.

What do you think, does bald look better or worse than half-bald? Does it look better on some skulls than others, and if so which kinds?
I say shave it before the temptation of the the Rene Levesque hair flip thing, sets in!!!

I would love to shave my head and then have it tattooed.

Bald = Bold

Ring of fire = ?

Hulk Hogan has a "ring of fire", still..Right?

Whatever turns your significant other, is what you should go with.;)

Olga_NYC

I agree with everyone. Shaving is probably the way to go, it almost invariably looks better. You can always wear a hat in the winter if you get cold :)

Latest posts