How important are daily snacks to you?

Discussion in 'Weight Gain' started by Redhotphatgirl, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Oct 11, 2005 #1

Redhotphatgirl

Redhotphatgirl

Redhotphatgirl

Summer time summer time

It seems i have a different idea of eating than the hubby. Snacks are important to this bbw. I also like to eat snack food for meals sometimes like egg rolls, chicken fingers, just lots of them together he is more the pasta king of all pasta kings....Just wanting to know...inquiring mind ...great big butt.

traceg likes this.
  2. Oct 11, 2005 #2

prettyssbbw

prettyssbbw

prettyssbbw

Daily snacks are very important to me.My snack of choice is Mcdonalds.Chicken nuggets dipped in the MCchicken sauce.yumyum :D

traceg likes this.
  3. Oct 11, 2005 #3

Fan~Girl

Fan~Girl

Fan~Girl

Personally I'm a big fan of snacks, but normally I don't really get a chance to, which is a shame. However when I do get a break I've taken to buying lil pizza bread ready made things, tre yummy, but they go fast, alas.

4. Oct 11, 2005 #4

autopaint-1

autopaint-1

autopaint-1

Manny Moe & Jack Fan Club

I smoked a pack a day for 20 years (I know I am old) and have been smoke free for 13 years (very old). I was willing to give up cigarettes, but snacks? No way. Every day is like trick or treat for me. Does that mean that I have no will power. You betcha and hey, that's my Dr. Pepper. :)

Funtastic curves likes this.
  5. Oct 12, 2005 #5

AnnMarie

AnnMarie

AnnMarie

✰cuddly and terrifying✰

I LOVE snacks, and I get sort of anxious when I run out of them at home. Even if I'm not eating them, they could last for weeks, but I sort of need to know there is something there for me if I'm in the mood.

I switch around a lot on what the current snack is, but rest assured, there is usually something in my house! :)

6. Oct 12, 2005 #6

Kimberleigh

Kimberleigh

Kimberleigh

gardening, mostly.

Snacks are critical!
    After dogwalking, while putzing around on the computer, ya gotta have snacks.
    Peanutbutter on wholewheat toast, Little Debbie Oatmeal Pies and the bags of Gourmet Jelly Beans from Sams Club - essential pantry items in my house!

7. Oct 12, 2005 #7

Pink

Pink

Pink

I would rather snack than eat a real meal. On christmas eve we have a snack night and have lots of dips and spreads on crackers,little smokies,sausage balls,fruit salad. Mmmm.
    My favorite snack is graham crackers and peanut butter.

AnnMarie likes this.
  8. Oct 12, 2005 #8

TallFatSue

TallFatSue

TallFatSue

Hmm, Ann Marie made me realize that this is kinda my modus operandi too. I love snacks and always need to have them around, but sometimes the idea of the snacks being there is more important to my overall well-being than actually eating them (but I can sure put them away when I want to). My favorite snack varies too. Chocolate is usually at the top of my list, but also snacks as diverse as cookies, or crackers & cheese, or veggies & dip. Rarely do I eat junk food (although the occasional Moon Pie is not unheard of). It takes lotsa calories to maintain my abundant figure, but I want the good stuff.

9. Oct 12, 2005 #9

moonvine

moonvine

moonvine

Queen of Contempt

I don't really snack. When one of my friends came to stay with me for a while, he was shocked that I had no unhealthy food in my house:).

I actually have some now, since I have been getting them free, but I still haven't really been eating them.

10. Oct 12, 2005 #10

Deidrababe

Deidrababe

Deidrababe

In Rememberance

While I'm watching TV at night, I NEED to snack. I can go all day without snacking, but when I sit down to watch the latest Reality show, I need a hand to mouth jesture going on!!!!

I too panic when I know that I don't have snacks!

11. Oct 13, 2005 #11

Notalurkeranymore

Notalurkeranymore

Notalurkeranymore

Snacking is part of the daily routine for sure. I like to vary it , like pizza rolls one night , pepperoni another , etc etc but there has to be pretzels in the house no matter what.

The one thing that gets me bummed is when you feel like having something and its not in the house .When all else fails I can always count on pretzels.:)

12. Oct 13, 2005 #12

AnnMarie

AnnMarie

AnnMarie

✰cuddly and terrifying✰

Pink!!! :D

13. Oct 13, 2005 #13

Obesus

Obesus

Obesus

Designated Fat Holy Man

Oh, gosh, I do have my little stash next to the Frankenstein maze of cables that I call My computer! There is a bankers' box and a nice assortment of brownies and cake-snacks. I often take a break out in the kitchen and I will have a slab of Feta cheese or a peanut butter sandwich-snack...hmmm. the snacking and plain all-out eating seem to merge a bit there! I may be a snacker/eater....that seems more appropriate! LOL
    Timmy

14. Oct 13, 2005 #14

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

I love snacks! In part I get hungry a lot (or more to the point I'm seldom not hungry), so snacks are always enjoyed. Beyond that I find my energy really flags between meals and snacks help bridge that. But beyond that, the sheer ability to go get a snack is important to me. That is, if I know I can't snack, it bugs me--one thing I hate about really long meetings and customer visits! Just knowing that I have a snack available, and can have it if I want to, is very comfortign.

Mind you, most of my snacks are reasonably healthy. My usual mid-morning snack is a home made bran muffin (yummier than it sounds!), and my usual mid-afternoon snack is a bit of dark chocolate. I usually only go for the junkier snacks when I have not had a chance to snack, or know that I won't have a chance to snack. In those situations I'm a sucker for the Jos Louis or the donut or the candy bar or chips.

-Ed

15. Oct 13, 2005 #15

Redhotphatgirl

Redhotphatgirl

Redhotphatgirl

Summer time summer time

I am making DAVE read this and if ya see him in chat holler at him for leaving me snackless and alone....heheheheh RED:cool:

16. Oct 13, 2005 #16

Moonchild

Moonchild

Moonchild

Seniory McMember

I really only eat like one "meal" a day and have "snacks" whenever I feel like it. I only eat when I'm hungry, but that's far more often than three times a day, since I don't ever eat much at a time.

17. Mar 16, 2019 #17

traceg

traceg

traceg

Daily are very important to me as I tend to always be snacking along with meals of course lol

18. Mar 17, 2019 #18

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

I rarely eat snacks. I only feel hungry a few times most days and just eat regular meals.

And also, since I take insulin, it's nearly impossible to eat
    spontaneously. My insurance plan allows a certain amount of insulin each month, and I have to "budget" it accordingly. If I use up too many units snacking, I won't have enough to cover my meals.

I can totally make a meal out of snack foods and appetizers though. I'd just as soon have a plate of bite sized foods than a traditional "meat, starch, two veg" kind of meal.

Funtastic curves likes this.
  19. Mar 17, 2019 #19

Aqw

Aqw

Aqw

I follow my hunger, so snacks go with it. Usually once in the afternoon.

20. Mar 17, 2019 #20

Shotha

Shotha

Shotha

I always have snacks with me wherever I go. I prepare snacks to keep in the fridge at home and snacks to keep in my backpack. Friends comment about me, "Frank is famous for his snacks." That's polite speak for "Fatboy's always eating."
    When I go to events with friends, people like to sit at the same table as me, because they know that I will always have delicious and unusual snacks with me. I even take snacks with me, when I go out to dinner, just in case the dinner is crap or insufficient.

I won't pay for things like a bowl of French fries for a snack or even a bag of potato crisps, because I think that they're overpriced and a 10 kg bag of potatoes is better value for money and potatoes are so versatile.

When I go shopping, I always have a calculator with me. I use it to check out, which products are the best buys. My aim is to get as many calories as I can per dollar spent. This enables me to snack and share snacks as much as I like. If people are shocked or amazed at the amount of food that I carry with me, I just tell them, "Eating is my hobby."