• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

How important is Waist to Hip ratio?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vlrga

Too colorful for sanity!
My hips have never been much bigger than my waist. In clothes, when I get pants that fit around the waist, the hips/butt/legs are almost always baggy. The "slim fit" jeans I hear are a nightmare for most women, but I try to get them because they're "normal" on me.

I did some meauring tonight, and found that my waist is 41 inches, and my hips are 43. (I take about a size 20 or 22.) Doing calculations, 41 is about 95% of 43. According to this wikipedia article, it says that it should be about 70% for women; that that number is most healthy and mostly attractive.

What I'm wondering is whether this is something scientifically proven or nonsense? Saying an exact number/ratio has to fit all people seems a little suspect. I always figured that there was variation between people's bodies, and there's of course going to be some variation in attraction. But, is a certain ratio best for health? I've had a similar shape/ratio at smaller weights, so losing weight probably couldn't change that.

Of course exercise, nutrition, etc. is more important than mere numbers, but I'd like to hear some thoughts/explanations on this.

Latest posts

Back