• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

How to look at and appreciate clothing?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eugene94

I am new here and am hoping to find an answer to something that has been bothering me for quite some time. I am a guy and I and not really too into clothing and I would hate shopping for clothing.

But quite recently I realized that clothing is something of an art form.
Girls are especially really good and it seems like an innate ability when it comes to choosing their outfits and expressing themselves as an individual and their moods or feelings through their clothing. On top of that also to be able to combine each article of clothing with taste to look amazing as a whole. I realized that each article of clothing is important to a woman and plays a big role in their life. Their seems to be some kind of beauty that is seen in clothing that I do not see.

Where do I start? :confused:
I want to be able to look at clothing and appreciate it fully the way the wearer appreciates and cherishes it. I want to understand why a person wore what he or she is wearing, just by looking at them. I want to be able to compliment a person from the effort that was put into an outfit, I want to derive inspiration from looking at someones outfit or from looking at an article of clothing. I want clothing to be important to me just like it is important to any wearer I see.

When you want to see the person, you look at the face, and you can see the entire person. Is this the same with clothing?

For example if I was to full appreciate a jacket or dress where is the "face" of this article of clothing? How much to I pay attention to the details? Where do I stop? What is the appropriate or "normal" view I can take when it comes to looking and fully appreciating what a person is wearing, and perhaps derive inspiration for my own wardrobe and outfit ideas? I do not want to become obsessed over clothing, but I do want to understand.

Any good books or activities I could do that would help me?

I Hope this new thread will be insightful and helpful to all! Thank you. :happy:

Latest posts

Back