• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

How you say it.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eightyseven

Ridiculous.
This is one of those threads where it's quite apparent that I have no social life, even on a Saturday, but here it goes...

When large people describe their physical appearance it's always, in very basic terms, "I am fat." When others describe a large person's physical appearance it's always, "He/she is fat." But, isn't "fat" and the amount of it comprising one's body something that is constantly changing and always has the ability to change? I'll use my scarce knowledge of the Spanish language as an example. In Spanish if you're hungry you say, "Tengo hambre." This translates literally to, "I have hunger." Hungry is not something you ARE, but hunger is something you temporarily HAVE. Fat on one's body is not exactly like hunger, but did we ever consider that fat may just be something we have, rather than are? I don't really know where I'm going with this but it would just make more sense to me to say, "I have fat" than "I am fat" when asked to describe what you may look like. Thoughts?

Latest posts

Back