Quantcast

I Love Glee!!!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Gingembre

radar detector
I didn't watch The Glee Project, so I have no opinion on this guy's personality...I don't care, to be honest (lol!)....I just came here to say that that Sam guy is hoooooot! :smitten:

He needs to get in my bed, now! :D

BullseyeB

I didn't watch The Glee Project, so I have no opinion on this guy's personality...I don't care, to be honest (lol!)....I just came here to say that that Sam guy is hoooooot! :smitten:

He needs to get in my bed, now! :D
Well, if you had watched The Glee Project, you would sadly know that this actor is a good Christian boy who is seriously uncomfortable with sex. He had a hard time kissing a girl for a scene during The Project.

I thought his holier than thou attitude was a BIG turnoff! He appears to be quite taken with himself and his musical abilities. Sorry to be such a buzz kill!

Donna

wait...what?
B, are you sure that was Samuel? I thought Cameron was the one who freaked out over kissing Lindsey? I do recall Samuel discussing his very strong religious beliefs...I think that is why Ryan Murphy is writing for him the way he is. He wasn't my favorite on the Project, but he is very talented musically. There's something about him that I find off-putting...perhaps it is the holier than though attitude you mention. I have to admit, I like him better now that he is on the show. But he is only really a peripheral character right now. Will be interested to see if I still like him if his role expands.

The winter break is killing me and there are still six weeks left before Glee returns. The last episode "I'm On My Way" was a humdinger. So much going on (some critics have said they tried to pack too many issues into one show.) Will Quinn survive the car wreck they ended with? Will Karofsky come back to McKinley? Will Finchel really get married?

And since I am commenting on Glee, I still feel compelled to bitch about how much I miss Puck & Lauren. :(

NancyGirl74

Well, if you had watched The Glee Project, you would sadly know that this actor is a good Christian boy who is seriously uncomfortable with sex. He had a hard time kissing a girl for a scene during The Project.

I thought his holier than thou attitude was a BIG turnoff! He appears to be quite taken with himself and his musical abilities. Sorry to be such a buzz kill!
That was Cameron (however you spell it) who ended up leaving the show due to his level of uncomfortableness. This guy (whose name I can't remember) had no trouble kissing anyone...not even a guy. At one point he did mention that he wasn't sure how his deeply religious family would feel about him kissing a guy. An issue he addressed at judging. Yes, he too is very religious but much more open-minded than the sweet, talented but conservative Cameron.

On Glee as a whole. The show is slipping away from me. There are still moments of wonderfulness but they are fewer and further in between. It has become overly sappy and the nastiness from Santana (who gets waaay too much face time) is no longer funny. And what the hell did they do to Sue?!?!? I knew that when they "killed off" her sister her character would go down the tubes. I just knew it!

Things I Hate Now:
1. Santana ~ just ugh. She's lost all likableness in my eyes
2. Who the fuck is this Aspergers chick and what the fuck is her point? They took away Zicese (sp?) and gave us her? That was just dumb.
3. Sue ~ see above
4. The "we're-the-fun-underdog-show-about-the-underdogs" vibe has been lost in the new and sadly unfortunate "We're-trying-for-an-Emmy-by-being-overly-PC" vibe
5. Finn's Dad. Did they really need to go there?

This I Like:
1. Becky
2. The Dads (so far)
3. Finn & Rachel ~ I still love them together
4. Sam and Mercedes
5. Some of the music still rocks

This is a halfhearted list at best. *Sigh* I'm just struggling with Glee disappointment issues.

BullseyeB

OK, you all are right. I mixed the two together. I don't like Samuel. His attitude stinks and he thinks he is hot shit. Blech...spitttooooeyyyy!!!

I am wondering if Sue will find out she is not pregnant, that she has hit menopause (a la Ma on Little House on the Prairie) and go into a nastier than ever tail spin! That's kind of what I am rooting for...

I really like the Sam and Mercedes storyline.

Finn and Rachel are OK...pretty immature...But, I love the Dads! Cracking me up!

I love Kurt's dad!!!!!!!!! Can't say enough about him! Did I say I love Kurt's dad???? Because I do, love hime, you know?

I miss Puck and Lauren too.

Not happy about Santana's new nastier attitude either. I hope they dial her back a bit.

Do not like the new Asperger chick at all...she grates on me.

What a waste to have the Irish kid...can't think of his name right now. He is so hard to understand, that they aren't giving him any lines. I predicted that they would have a hard time making a full character for him.

I am soooo waiting for the black kid from The Project to show up!

OK. That's enough for now. I miss Glee too.

Saoirse

LOL, really? People find him difficult to understand??
I understand him just fine. He's totally adorable too! Irish boy needs more scenes! Actually they could get rid of most of the cast, keep Irish boy, Brit and Artie and I would be 100x happier with the show.

and I know this is harsh but... I HOPE QUINN IS DEAD.

NancyGirl74

Quinn has become pointless. She had more "meaning" when she was the cookie-cutter pretty mean girl in the first season. Since she had the baby she's just...pointless. There is no other word. The car accident thing will likely not change that. I kinda hope she's dead too...If only to give her a point.

(Disclaimer: I do not want the actress to lose her job. I have no issue with Quinn's portrayer or her portrayal, just the character herself, her storyline, how she is written, and lack of purpose)

Damian? Love him! Rory? Not so much. Yet another character who has no point and an actor who is under used. Damian is not the best actor but he's ok and he's charming. His voice is so under used (like Tina) it truly is a shame.

Glee is just missing the boat for me...and it honestly bums me out because I love it so. Come back, old Glee! Come back!

MaryClaire

I kind of agree with wanting Quinn out but for different reasons. I have loved Glee from the start but it's getting a little stale for me. They need something to shake it up a bit and this might be it. We already know she is graduating and I've heard that the actress isn't returning to the show next year.

As far as Rory goes, I don't get it. He's unnecessary for me.

Donna

wait...what?
I think Ryan Murphy is struggling on what to do with the Rory character. Damien is very talented and has a great deal of potential, but he really is being under-utilized.

I'm ambivelent either way regarding Quinn...I don't care if they let her live or die. I am just really anxious to find out what happens.

BullseyeB

I think Ryan Murphy is struggling on what to do with the Rory character. Damien is very talented and has a great deal of potential, but he really is being under-utilized.

I'm ambivelent either way regarding Quinn...I don't care if they let her live or die. I am just really anxious to find out what happens.
Ditto!!!!!

bobbleheaddoll

loves her bhm!
i am waiting to see on the quinn thing...i would imagine they would let her live and she is gonna get whiney about not being able to cheer or go to college for early accept or such..

i do hope they develop the irish kid and try to work in some new characters...half their cast is due to graduate and they have to find people that had just as good chemistry.

can i just say i love the dads too! now i can see where rachel gets her over the top 'im gonna be a star' attitude from...lol.

NancyGirl74

Bumping because I need to discuss The Glee Project season 2. The first kid booted....HUGE MISTAKE. What were they thinking?!

PS...I'm liking The Project better than the actual show. How sad is that?

Donna

wait...what?
Glee S3 started out a little slow, seemed to amp up with the introduction of some of the Glee Proj1 kids, but it just seemed to fizzle out at the end. There was SO much they could have done with the Karofsky storyline. During the Cough Syrup number, I was emotionally invested. I couldn't believe I was crying over Karofsky. The way it all ended, though, left me feeling like I had just watched a trite morality play. Bleh.

And Quinn being temporarily paralyzed was just a flipping public service announcement. Bleh.

Saturday Night Glee-ver was fun and they did a great job with the music. Prom episode was fun, but I found myself longing for Puck and Lauren again. I miss Lauren Zizes.

Don't even get me started on the last episode. As I watched Rachel walk down the street in New York, I wished somewhere from in the dark part of my heart that she would be mugged and her bag stolen.

Glee Proj S2, though, seems much more interesting to me. And like Nancy, I strongly believe they sent the wrong kid home. I normally don't care for country music, but his voice is amazing and I really enjoyed his rendition of 'You Were Always On My Mind.' Being married to a country boy, I understand and recognize their quiet charm that isn't always in your face and I see that in Maxfield. I was hoping they would send Aylinn home....she bothers me but I cant put my finger on why.

I really feel drawn to Dani. I swear I have seen her before...in a movie or play. Same thing with Lily...seen her somewhere before. Since they sent Maxfield home, I guess those are the two I will be rooting for.

BullseyeB

Here is the bio about Dani from the Glee Project website. I had to look her up because I honestly wasn't sure if she was male or female. I'm sorry.:blush:

At age 16, Dani started teaching herself how to play guitar and write original songs, and has since independently released four albums and two singles. She loves to mix up her acts with bits of comedy and audience participation. If she ever got the chance to be on "Glee," Dani would want to play an androgynous female who walks away from her Mormon upbringing. Dani auditioned for "The Glee Project" at the Nashville open casting call.

BullseyeB

Glee S3 started out a little slow, seemed to amp up with the introduction of some of the Glee Proj1 kids, but it just seemed to fizzle out at the end. There was SO much they could have done with the Karofsky storyline. During the Cough Syrup number, I was emotionally invested. I couldn't believe I was crying over Karofsky. The way it all ended, though, left me feeling like I had just watched a trite morality play. Bleh. I agree.

And Quinn being temporarily paralyzed was just a flipping public service announcement. Bleh. It was a farce! I hated the fact that they had her go through a short, short, short physical therapy and miraculously recover!

Saturday Night Glee-ver was fun and they did a great job with the music. Prom episode was fun, but I found myself longing for Puck and Lauren again. I miss Lauren Zizes. Me too!

Don't even get me started on the last episode. As I watched Rachel walk down the street in New York, I wished somewhere from in the dark part of my heart that she would be mugged and her bag stolen. OMG! Donna you made me laugh out loud with this!!!! I had no idea you had this mean streak in you!!!!

Glee Proj S2, though, seems much more interesting to me. And like Nancy, I strongly believe they sent the wrong kid home. I normally don't care for country music, but his voice is amazing and I really enjoyed his rendition of 'You Were Always On My Mind.' Being married to a country boy, I understand and recognize their quiet charm that isn't always in your face and I see that in Maxfield. I think they needed to give him more time. :(I was hoping they would send Aylinn home....she bothers me but I cant put my finger on why. She bugs me too!

I really feel drawn to Dani. I swear I have seen her before...in a movie or play. Same thing with Lily...seen her somewhere before. Since they sent Maxfield home, I guess those are the two I will be rooting for.
I agree. I like the blond with the googlie eyes too.

JerseyGirl07093

Stick a fork in me
I hate Glee. *ducks*
That being said, I like the Glee Project.
I think they sent the wrong person home too. I think the trans guy should have gone home. His voice sounds too whiny and nasal-y. Maybe they kept him around just for diversity. This is TV after all.
Donna, you've seen Dani on America's Got Talent. I recognized her the moment I saw her. In a way I hate when people are on one reality show then another. It makes it seem more of a job and less real. (As real as these shows can be.) After a while everyone on these kinds of shows looks familiar to me!

Latest posts