Quantcast

I Love Glee!!!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

NancyGirl74

I think they sent the wrong person home too. I think the trans guy should have gone home. His voice sounds too whiny and nasal-y. Maybe they kept him around just for diversity. This is TV after all.
Agreed.

The one thing I don't like about TGP is that they are too caught up on diversity. Don't get me wrong. I think it is wonderful. I love that they give everyone a chance...but "normal" kids need chances too. I honestly feel that Country Boy (sorry can't remember his name) was sent home not because he lacked talent (of the three Last Chancers I think he had the most raw talent, maybe even of the whole group) but because he was too "normal." Other than being a handsome country boy he didn't seem to have a story to tell. That worked against him on his show. Poor kid...He should have tried out for The Voice instead. I think the powers-that-be on TGP wasted a real opportunity with Country Boy. May he go on to do great things without them.

Donna

wait...what?
I hate Glee. *ducks*
That being said, I like the Glee Project.
I think they sent the wrong person home too. I think the trans guy should have gone home. His voice sounds too whiny and nasal-y. Maybe they kept him around just for diversity. This is TV after all.
Donna, you've seen Dani on America's Got Talent. I recognized her the moment I saw her. In a way I hate when people are on one reality show then another. It makes it seem more of a job and less real. (As real as these shows can be.) After a while everyone on these kinds of shows looks familiar to me!
I don't think I have ever watched America's Got Talent, but perhaps I might have seen her while momentarily while shuffling channels. If she does win, I hope Ryan Murphy does something interesting with her character on Glee. Murphy surprised me with Joe Hart...I didn't quite like Samuel Larsen on the Glee Proj1, but I really like the Joe character.

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
In Remembrance
PS...I'm liking The Project better than the actual show.
Same here!

Don't even get me started on the last episode. As I watched Rachel walk down the street in New York, I wished somewhere from in the dark part of my heart that she would be mugged and her bag stolen.
I expected her to toss her hat into the air à la Mary Tyler Moore.

kaylaisamachine

I'm a Little Teapot
http://www.facebook.com/#!/kaylaisamachine,
Agreed.

The one thing I don't like about TGP is that they are too caught up on diversity. Don't get me wrong. I think it is wonderful. I love that they give everyone a chance...but "normal" kids need chances too. I honestly feel that Country Boy (sorry can't remember his name) was sent home not because he lacked talent (of the three Last Chancers I think he had the most raw talent, maybe even of the whole group) but because he was too "normal." Other than being a handsome country boy he didn't seem to have a story to tell. That worked against him on his show. Poor kid...He should have tried out for The Voice instead. I think the powers-that-be on TGP wasted a real opportunity with Country Boy. May he go on to do great things without them.
I agree with all of this. He didn't deserve to go home. No offense to Tyler, but the only thing he's really got going for him is the story. His talent isn't as great as some of the others, and I hate that they use it against them.

indy500tchr

Isn't the point of The Glee Project to find a talented young person who they can write a storyline for? It's not just about the singing talent but for the show and who they think will fit into the storyline of the next season.

kaylaisamachine

I'm a Little Teapot
http://www.facebook.com/#!/kaylaisamachine,
Isn't the point of The Glee Project to find a talented young person who they can write a storyline for? It's not just about the singing talent but for the show and who they think will fit into the storyline of the next season.
Yeah, but they should be focusing on the whole package, and not just certain things. There could have been a story written for Max, I'm sure. But Tyler of course stands out more. As far as talent, Max was the better of the two.

Donna

wait...what?
Yeah, but they should be focusing on the whole package, and not just certain things. There could have been a story written for Max, I'm sure. But Tyler of course stands out more. As far as talent, Max was the better of the two.
Indy is correct; even Zach Woodlee said it in the first episode of this season. Dancing/musical talent are not the only thing they are judging and I have heard Ryan Murphy say more than once as he judged last chance performances that he thought so and so had an interesting story he could write for.

We can personally believe Max has more talent than Tyler (and I do believe this to be true based on what I have seen from Tyler so far,) it isn't about pure talent. If talent alone were the deciding factor, Samuel, Damian and Alex would never have made it onto the Glee set. And Tyler isn't devoid of talent either and the back story is interesting. If he can let-go and let himself connect more, he very well could take the prize.

I recall reading somewhere that Murphy is going to bring the Unique/Wade character (Alex Newell from Glee Proj1) over to McKinley. And since the storylines on Glee are becoming more and more like public service announcements than dramas, bringing in a trans-gender student along with a cross-dressing student pretty much writes its own PSA.

NancyGirl74

Is it me or was it a little cruel to boot Tyler on Sexuality week??? I mean, seriously.

BigBeautifulMe

That was a heart.
I just can't believe Cory Monteith is dead. :( I know this is the least of concerns when a person passes away (so sad!) but part of me was holding out hope that Rachel and Finn would get back together. :( The start of next season is going to be an incredibly sad one. I wonder how they'll handle it in the series.

spiritangel

AmandaClause
I just can't believe Cory Monteith is dead. :( I know this is the least of concerns when a person passes away (so sad!) but part of me was holding out hope that Rachel and Finn would get back together. :( The start of next season is going to be an incredibly sad one. I wonder how they'll handle it in the series.
it is so sad, he was still very young. Addiction is such a brutal thing.

I am sure it will be handled with a lot of tears and some form of tribute but it is still such a tragic loss.

Morganer

Whoa no way! Always disliked Finn, but thats just too sad!!
I dislike the whole Glee show and hope it will die with the actor especially since Eve left, but even then, yes his death is sad. There is the article and yes it is a very sad thing that addiction kills so many! And that was such a happy, upbeat show. Corny, for me..

He looked so young. Same age as me..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/14/cory-monteith-dead_n_3593360.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Headline: Cory Monteith Dead: 'Glee' Star Dies In Vancouver Hotel Room

Cory Allan Michael Monteith, a Canadian actor best known for playing Finn Hudson on the hit Fox TV show "Glee," was found dead Saturday in a Vancouver hotel room, The Hollywood Reporter reported.

He was 31.

Monteith's body was discovered at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel shortly after noon. According to the Vancouver Police Department, he checked into the hotel on July 6 and was due to check out on Saturday. When he failed to do so, the staff went into the room and found him. Paramedics declared him dead on the scene.

The authorities said Monteith was alone at the time of his death, and there appeared to be no foul play. An autopsy is scheduled for Monday.

"…On behalf of the Vancouver Police, I want to pass on our condolences to the family, friends, castmates and millions of fans of Mr. Monteith," acting police chief Doug LePard said in a statement. "As was the case in countless homes, I watched 'Glee' regularly with my daughters, and I know there will be shock and sadness in many households with the news of his tragic death."

Born in Calgary, Alberta and raised in Victoria, British Columbia, Monteith was the youngest son of Joe Monteith, who served in the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, and Ann McGregor, an interior decorator. His parents divorced when he was very young, and Monteith struggled to deal with the change in his family life. That struggle led him to attend 16 different schools -- including one for troubled teens -- and abuse drugs and alcohol. To support his habit, he eventually dropped out of school and began stealing.

When Monteith was 19, his family and friends held an intervention. He checked into rehab, got clean and eventually received his high school diploma. He also launched an acting career, playing minor roles in the films "Final Destination 3" and "Deck the Halls," and guest-starring on several TV shows, including "Smallville," "Supernatural" and "Stargate SG-1."

Monteith's big break came in 2009 when he landed the role of Finn Hudson, a football player-turned glee club singing star on the show "Glee." The part earned him a legion of fans known as "Gleeks" and a Teen Choice Award in 2011. The show's cast also won a Screen Actors Guild award for best ensemble in a comedy.

When Monteith wasn't working on the show, he and the cast performed live shows in the U.S., Canada and Europe. In his spare time, he enjoyed hockey, basketball, surfing and playing the drums. He also stars in the upcoming independent film "All the Wrong Reasons."

Monteith returned for another stint of rehab in March, but appeared to be healthy and in good spirits last month.

Adam Shankman, who frequently directed episodes of "Glee," took to Twitter to express his sadness at Monteith's death.

Mathias

SAMCRO
I thought he had left the show already because he'd been in rehab. Was he still a part of the show?

indy500tchr

A wonderful tribute and closure to a talented individual. I don't think I stopped crying the whole time.

Donna

wait...what?
I know everyone is raving over Lea Michelle's song, but the performance that I can't get out of my head is Mark Salling's take on "No Surrender." Perhaps it is because I just love to hear him sing. I downloaded last night's songs and when it came up today on my random shuffle, I nearly went to pieces at my desk. I can't imagine how I would have explained to my boss why I was crying.

I'm not sure I am going to watch any more. I was not a rabid Cory Monteith fan by any means. But the show isn't the same anymore. There's a chemistry missing with the new kids.

NancyGirl74

To me Glee's shine has really faded lately. That being said, I still think it has the best message on TV, the cast is bright and talented, and there is nothing else like it to be seen. So while its not my favorite any more I still find enjoyment in watching it.

All that aside, I felt Finn/Cory's passing was handled well. I cried the whole time (the scene with Finn's mom had me outloud sobbing). It was just so sad. I wish they had shown clips of his performances as flashbacks but I liked that they didn't make the cause of his death the focus. It was about saying good bye and that is what matters the most in the end.
:(

Latest posts