I want to save your life

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Suze

Too Vanilla For You
usually i just ignore this type of crap, but this is really, i mean really offensive to me.

gawd, makes me so mad.

Tina

Older and wiser now
Oh, FFS!! I was watching the extended version that the lovely Ms. B posted, but clicked off the moment the woman started crying. I cannot tell you how sick I am of fat people crying about being fat on the television. I hate that shit. This guy thinks he's on some righteous mission, being some white knight, when all he is is a nosey, meddlesome ass interested in making money and promoting his self-satisfied face and bigoted agenda.

And welcome to Dimensions, QueenCecilia! :)

Paquito

don't July to me
The part that killed me in the extended video was when the girl (Jennifer?) said that she wanted others to think she was beautiful.

His response?
Don't you think you're beautiful on the inside?

No "you are beautiful, you have great features," none of that.

And the worst part is that he's gonna be treated like some kind of martyr for fat people, because he cares so much.

And yes, if he tried to pull this shit on me, it would end with visits to the hospital and a trip to Hershey, PA (guess who's going where?)

DeniseW

Fat don't crack!!
cause I'm sure none of the fatties notice a strange guy walking around with a pad of paper staring at them and writing stuff down or a bunch of cameras all up in their business, this show is so fake it's not even funny!!

Jezebel

HAHAHA. This is just a stupid gimmick of course but the end where he's all "I'm a creepy asshole, and I want to tell people you're a fat pig on national television and still feel super self righteous about it" the look on her face as she looks to her husband and then to mister creep is precious. She's like "Oh no you fucking didn't... hubby is getting the beat down tonight."

Paul

I guess I'm relatively new to the size acceptance scene, but I think I've had my first incident of 'fat outrage'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA0pegGi5gQ

I Want to Save Your Life is a new show on WEtv, and the link is to the most ridiculous commercial I think I've ever scene. At about 20 seconds into the ad, he finds cupcakes in a woman's cabinet and the look on his face...you'd think he'd found black tar heroin.

The ad is mildly amusing at first. But then I realized that they were serious.
The stalker stuff in the ad is scary. Did these producers not learn anything from the Burger King scary "stalker" ads.:doh::doh::doh:

More disturbing for me is that this ad sends out a message that stalking another person is alright. Since when is it ever alright to stalk someone, anyone (even if the producers may have a "concerned" loved one's permission)??? This ad makes me angry!

disconnectedsmile

RATING: AWESOME
I guess I'm relatively new to the size acceptance scene, but I think I've had my first incident of 'fat outrage'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA0pegGi5gQ

I Want to Save Your Life is a new show on WEtv, and the link is to the most ridiculous commercial I think I've ever scene. At about 20 seconds into the ad, he finds cupcakes in a woman's cabinet and the look on his face...you'd think he'd found black tar heroin.

The ad is mildly amusing at first. But then I realized that they were serious.
i don't know whether to be enraged by the hateful content, or to laugh hysterically at the ridiculousness.
the girl in the video is adorable though. :happy:

Scorsese86

Likeable conservative
i don't know whether to be enraged by the hateful content, or to laugh hysterically at the ridiculousness.
the girl in the video is adorable though. :happy:
Agree, the girl was adorable... but she was hardly that big that her life was in danger...

I mean... wtf was that? I mean, all I can say to that is ban that sick show!

Oh, and I dedicate this video to that stalker-man http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJQVlVHsFF8, on constant replay until his dying day.

End.

goofy girl

took a sharp left turn
Oh, FFS!! I was watching the extended version that the lovely Ms. B posted, but clicked off the moment the woman started crying. I cannot tell you how sick I am of fat people crying about being fat on the television. I hate that shit. This guy thinks he's on some righteous mission, being some white knight, when all he is is a nosey, meddlesome ass interested in making money and promoting his self-satisfied face and bigoted agenda.

And welcome to Dimensions, QueenCecilia! :)
The part that killed me in the extended video was when the girl (Jennifer?) said that she wanted others to think she was beautiful.

His response?
Don't you think you're beautiful on the inside?

No "you are beautiful, you have great features," none of that.

And the worst part is that he's gonna be treated like some kind of martyr for fat people, because he cares so much.

And yes, if he tried to pull this shit on me, it would end with visits to the hospital and a trip to Hershey, PA (guess who's going where?)
The part about that that REALLY got to me, was she said "every day Morgan turns to me and says "God, you're beautiful"..and I think "God are you crazy" I'm guessing that Morgan is her romantic life partner (unisex name, no idea if it's a male or female)..thing is, if Morgan is happy with her weight, who the hell called this weirdo to come in and investigate Jennifer's life?!?!? Even if it were her parent or co-worker or friend, you'd think that the show would have to contact someone in the household before they went digging through cabinets and stuff, and that person might have at least tipped her off about what was going to happen to her.

Oh...and I agree with her. Walking for 2.5 hours while holding a cake is STUPID if you're not even going to get to eat a piece after the walk is done.

mergirl

That guy is two heebie jeebies away from being John Edward!!. Just saw the you tube vid. He is SO pish.. how is walking for 2 miles holding a cake ment to be motivational? Its just humiliating..So even IF this woman is pressured into losing weight because a whole camera crew are following her and she will be on tv as soon as the cameras stop rolling i'd bet anything she gains weight again. Actually, it would be interesting to do a follow up on these type of humiliation based weight loss shows just to see how people actually feel about the experience a few years down the line!!
Dont even get me STARTED on the title 'Bridezilla'!! Which is comparing fat people to Monsters!!! OH GOSH. I swear i would NOT tire of slapping that creepy creepy man!

TraciJo67

That guy is two heebie jeebies away from being John Edward!!. Just saw the you tube vid. He is SO pish.. how is walking for 2 miles holding a cake ment to be motivational? Its just humiliating..So even IF this woman is pressured into losing weight because a whole camera crew are following her and she will be on tv as soon as the cameras stop rolling i'd bet anything she gains weight again. Actually, it would be interesting to do a follow up on these type of humiliation based weight loss shows just to see how people actually feel about the experience a few years down the line!!
Dont even get me STARTED on the title 'Bridezilla'!! Which is comparing fat people to Monsters!!! OH GOSH. I swear i would NOT tire of slapping that creepy creepy man!
... and a hairsbreadth of a lisp away from being Richard Simmons, with that affected empathy plastered all over his yawping, cheerleading maw.

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
Bridezilla is another reality television show. They put all kinds of people on the show, not just fat. I've never watched it though. Not interested in watching high strung well to do women go postal over floral arrangements and matching shoe dye.

TraciJo67

Bridezilla is another reality television show. They put all kinds of people on the show, not just fat. I've never watched it though. Not interested in watching high strung well to do women go postal over floral arrangements and matching shoe dye.
I like watching the high strung "Walmart shoppers" crowd, and there are a lot of them on Bridezilla. In fact, if I remember correctly, one woman ordered her cake *at* Walmart and then when all high-decibel shrieky because the quality wasn't what one would expect of ... Walmart bakery items. Only, of course, it was, to any thinking person :D

mergirl

Ahhhh..I thought that was the name of the clip.. I must have typed in 'pish-tv-make over'. yeah.. if it was aimed at only fat people it would have been called 'fatkenstien' or 'Fatula'.. There was a show over here called 'three fat brides ONE thin dress' Hosted by 'Dr' (ie.she wrote her name with a crayon at some shite college) Gillian mckeith..did you get that over there? It has to have been one of the single sickest, most erotic things i have ever seen! :D (i had to.. i just did..)

mergirl

I like watching the high strung "Walmart shoppers" crowd, and there are a lot of them on Bridezilla. In fact, if I remember correctly, one woman ordered her cake *at* Walmart and then when all high-decibel shrieky because the quality wasn't what one would expect of ... Walmart bakery items. Only, of course, it was, to any thinking person :D
I have heard of walmart but i had no idea what kind of quality it was..you guys get lidl right? is it less or more posh than lidl?
Oh wait, what am i saying.. you must have personal shoppers who go to erm..*Insert posh American grocery* for you.. :D

William

Well

Maybe a one of the BBWs will get nervous from noticing a guy following her and will spray him with pepper spray. Now that would be good reality TV!!

William

gangstadawg

the wanderer
ok seriously a show with the title " I Want to Save Your Life " should go after more important stuff than peoples weight. like getting kids out of gangs or off the corners slinging crack and back in school, or getting people off drugs, or helping people that are to poor to afford treatment for deadly health issues like cancer.

(can i haz rep now?)

T_Devil

A Happy Disaster
"Who's that guy?"

"I hired him to watch what you ate all day long, he wants to save your life..."

She kicks stalker guy in the nuts

"Save yourself instead" Turns to her husband "We're getting a divorce"

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
ok seriously a show with the title " I Want to Save Your Life " should go after more important stuff than peoples weight. like getting kids out of gangs or off the corners slinging crack and back in school, or getting people off drugs, or helping people that are to poor to afford treatment for deadly health issues like cancer.

(can i haz rep now?)
Testify!!!

Group builder