I want to save your life

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

olwen

Disco Bear
ok seriously a show with the title " I Want to Save Your Life " should go after more important stuff than peoples weight. like getting kids out of gangs or off the corners slinging crack and back in school, or getting people off drugs, or helping people that are to poor to afford treatment for deadly health issues like cancer.

(can i haz rep now?)
Yes, Exactly!

mergirl

ok seriously a show with the title " I Want to Save Your Life " should go after more important stuff than peoples weight. like getting kids out of gangs or off the corners slinging crack and back in school, or getting people off drugs, or helping people that are to poor to afford treatment for deadly health issues like cancer.

(can i haz rep now?)
Yes you canz!

mergirl

Well

Maybe a one of the BBWs will get nervous from noticing a guy following her and will spray him with pepper spray. Now that would be good reality TV!!

William
Yes. I would certainly watch that!! "When wankers attack"!! Love it! Actually i bet there are a whole host of out takes on "I could shave your wife" with outraged fat people kicking the living shit out of creepybaws!! I wish!

cupcakediva

Hmm im wondering if this guy is gonna be following the alcoholics,extacy(hmm spellcheck) poppers child molesters & woman beaters around wanting to save thier lives lets not forget the crack addicts they need saving as well it always has to be about the fat people hmm but i guess the cracky tails are ok b/c they are thin (eyeroll) the show wont last long .....like uh wheres ruby?

MatthewB

Still Not Ginger!
There was a show over here called 'three fat brides ONE thin dress' Hosted by 'Dr' (ie.she wrote her name with a crayon at some shite college) Gillian mckeith..did you get that over there? It has to have been one of the single sickest, most erotic things i have ever seen! :D (i had to.. i just did..)
Damn, I heard about her! She used to have this stupid show on BBC America called You Are What You Eat, in which she bothered people at home, showed them how much "lard" (her concept) was in their food, and determined how healthy they were by how long they were on the crapper! :eek:

Also, she looked like a stick woman.

snipermb435

I guess I'm relatively new to the size acceptance scene, but I think I've had my first incident of 'fat outrage'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA0pegGi5gQ

I Want to Save Your Life is a new show on WEtv, and the link is to the most ridiculous commercial I think I've ever scene. At about 20 seconds into the ad, he finds cupcakes in a woman's cabinet and the look on his face...you'd think he'd found black tar heroin.

The ad is mildly amusing at first. But then I realized that they were serious.
wow, i never thought i would see television stoop down to such low levels and seriously broadcast a show about stalking and helping someone in the process, can you say, creepy as fuck!!!!

Hathor

stolen child
I seriously thought that was a joke until I found his official website.

If he wants to save his own life he needs to invest in chapstick, botox, sunscreen, and hair plugs. And that's just for starters.

mergirl

Damn, I heard about her! She used to have this stupid show on BBC America called You Are What You Eat, in which she bothered people at home, showed them how much "lard" (her concept) was in their food, and determined how healthy they were by how long they were on the crapper! :eek:

Also, she looked like a stick woman.
Yes.. 'You are what you eat' was a personal hate favorite of mine. Not only did she utterly humiliate fat people, she looked at and smelled their shit! Seriously?? You would be eating your dinner and there she would be, sniffing fat people's poo from out of some tupperware. If the old adage was correct and you really 'are what you eat' then its obvious her diet mainly consists of shrivelled pruned and old shrew!

MatthewB

Still Not Ginger!
Yes.. 'You are what you eat' was a personal hate favorite of mine. Not only did she utterly humiliate fat people, she looked at and smelled their shit! Seriously?? You would be eating your dinner and there she would be, sniffing fat people's poo from out of some tupperware. If the old adage was correct and you really 'are what you eat' then its obvious her diet mainly consists of shrivelled pruned and old shrew!
Yes, indeed; she also repeatedly relied on this one doctor who always commented on their "zinc levels" (whatever the hell that meant :rolleyes:). I can remember a show where she criticised a fat couple on their love life! :doh:

As if she'd ever been kissed... ;)

stillblessed23

A half full kinda girl
I never really had a fat outrage moment before, at least I don't think so.. nothing major enough for me to actually want to boycott something - but this show definitely did it. I saw those commercials because I watch the WE channel all the time for The Golden Girls.

Exactly! I was watching the Golden Girls the other day and I see this commercial with people talking..."I want her at my wedding" I want her to live," some crap like that and in my head I'm thinking I hope this is not about a fat person and low and behold there she is sitting there looking ashamed with this creeper host talking about he wanted to save her life. I was confused at first I thought maybe it was a joke but no this crap is real and I was very offended so offended that I couldn't even finish watching Golden Girls and that's bad!

I feel like Chris Hansen should pop out while the people are eating..."What are you doing." -To catch a predator joke.

katorade

"I find out what you eat, then I find out why you eat it."

"What are you eating?"

"Cake."

"Why?"

"Tastes good."

TA-DA! HE'S A FREAKING GENIUS!

CamileL

This reminds me of a show that used to show on TLC or one of those channels called "You're killing your kids." Some lady that reminded me of the former host of Weakest Link would take these parents and tell them that their eating habits would cause their kids to grow up overweight and diabetic. Then she would tell them that they were killing their kids and tell them to change their way of eating. My problem with most of these shows was that they never said anything like "moderation" or "try to get them more active". It was always "they're going to be fat and lazy and die before they're 30". Everytime I hear someone say something like that, I think of all of the "overweight" people I know that lived into their 60's and beyond.

mithrandirjn

This reminds me of a show that used to show on TLC or one of those channels called "You're killing your kids." Some lady that reminded me of the former host of Weakest Link would take these parents and tell them that their eating habits would cause their kids to grow up overweight and diabetic. Then she would tell them that they were killing their kids and tell them to change their way of eating. My problem with most of these shows was that they never said anything like "moderation" or "try to get them more active". It was always "they're going to be fat and lazy and die before they're 30". Everytime I hear someone say something like that, I think of all of the "overweight" people I know that lived into their 60's and beyond.
And this will always be why we're an unhealthy nation.

Not because of fat, but because we are fixated on fat.

Nobody espouses how important it is to be healthy at any weight, how just a moderate amount of exercise, a good diet, cutting back on unnecessary stress, etc., can all contribute to total health and well being.

But, no, that wouldn't sell to the general public, so it's all about "blasting away the fat!", and "losing inches in JUST DAYS!".

Now, I do think parents who let their kids go overboard eating junk and unhealthy foods need a slap back into reality; kids obviously want junk food all the time (well, most of them do), but any parent who caves into this demand has to be told that, yes, they ARE harming their kids when they go overboard like the people on that show.

But nothing gets a visceral reaction from the parent like seeing their child overweight; all the other stuff, the heart problems, the poorly working organs, the lack of healthy nutrients, that's all on the back burner because of this obsession with "SEE?! FAT! YOU DON'T WANT TO BE FAT, DO YOU?!" Meanwhile, there are kids who are almost just as much at risk for health problems (playing video games all day and going out to eat constantly takes it toll on a person of ANY size), but they're thin, so obviously they're just fine, right? Ugh.

But it's funny how the more and more society harps on getting "healthy", the less healthy as a nation we become, because we're only interested in not gaining weight, instead of becoming interested in doing the things to keep ourselves healthy all over.

Green Eyed Fairy

Keeps on dancing
Am I the only one that finds it funny to hear him keep saying his three names over and over...?

I'm Charles Stuart Platkin, I'm Charles Stuart Platkin....

and he says it so fast....like he's totally aware that it's a big pain in the ass to keep saying three names over and over.....yet he still does it...proudly.....

Group builder