• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Illegal to serve obese patrons!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarella

"Mississippi legislators this week introduced a bill that would make it illegal for state-licensed restaurants to serve obese patrons. Bill No. 282, a copy of which you'll find below, is the brainchild of three members of the state's House of Representatives, Republicans W. T. Mayhall, Jr. and John Read, and Democrat Bobby Shows. The bill, which is likely dead on arrival, proposes that the state's Department of Health establish weight criteria after consultation with Mississippi's Council on Obesity. It does not detail what penalties an eatery would face if its grub was served to someone with an excessive body mass index."

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/0201081fat1.html

Well, doesn't that just about take the cake....even the Smoking Gun. One would think that after years of living as a fat person, I would have had enough of fat prejudice a few years ago, but no. Lately I have really gotten upset with the ignorance in society regarding body weight. Locally, the provincial teaching society is wanting to put the students weight and a grading of weight on every students report card. Again, being fat is one of the last acceptable things to be openly prejudiced about without much reprimand. It saddens me to realize that its really not 'ok' to be fat in society. It is amazing with the number of fat folks in the south, that these politicians can get away with crap like this*shrugs*.

Tara

Latest posts

Back